Meeting Goddesses

Third person P.O.V

4 years later

Four years had passed since Perseus slayed Kulkarvek. Quite a bit had changed. Arya began her instruction under masters Formora and Oromis. Brom and Perseus had ventured out of the forest a few times in the years. Both were now considered experienced riders. They had been involved in several skirmishes, with some of the Forsworn. There were now nine Forsworn. Six had fallen to Brom or Perseus.

Perseus had grown closer to the women in his life, even his dragons he was closer to now. Glenwing became a brother in all but blood to Perseus, the two of them could often be seen sparring on the fields. If not with Glenwing, then even Brom, Evandar, or one of the women would spar with him. The young, sixteen year old demigod had trained with not just his blades, but with his strength, speed, stamina, durability, even his magic. He had also remembered more bits and pieces of his past. Names, faces, places, and abilities he possessed. His hand to hand combat was something he had worked on as well. He was now proficient in many weapons, ranging from swords, to axes, to spears, to lances, even knives and daggers were expertly wielded by him. The only weapon he wasn't proficient in, was the bow. Actually, for the safety of all, he went nowhere near an archery field, much to the sheer amusement of his friends.

The most shocking find, was that his body was somehow invulnerable now. It might have felt soft when touched by a hand, but when a blade came to hit it, it was like striking diamond. Making him physically indestructible.

Perseus' P.O.V

Ghosting my hand over a spot in the middle of my back, I was overcome with the image of Arya. She was smiling at me, though she seemed quite a bit older. Her body was much more womanly, and well developed. I felt as if I were shocked by a huge, powerful bolt of lightning. Goosebumps ran through me, wracking my body, though it didn't feel entirely bad or unpleasant. Not quite sure what it was, but something was telling me, a gut feeling, but that spot was important, and seeing Arya at the moment, was equally important.

'Huh. Wonder what that was? This feeling though, I can't shake it, but it feels as if something about that spot is very important. Why was I seeing Arya though? What does she have to do with it all? How and why was I seeing an older version of her?' I thought to myself, before shaking my head.

I glanced down at the arm that had been regrown. I was still, even years later, surprised at the ability of magic to regrow the arm I had to cut off. Though I was grateful for it, I still couldn't help but feel like I deserved to lose it. I was careless and somewhat arrogant.

'Still, at least it's not as awkward as walking around with that brightsteel arm forged by Rhunon. That was awkward.' I mused to myself. I thought of some weird or interesting people I met over the years. Goddesses, gods, titans, titanesses, primordials, even some monsters I met over the years.

Belladonna and I were heading back to the forest, over a large body of water, when I felt a huge, massive presence coming up to the surface. Glancing down I noticed a large island sitting in the water. 'Land on that island, Bella. Something is coming.' she quickly descended downward, lightly landing on the ground. I jumped down from the saddle, briefly hissing in a small amount of pain, thanks to my arm. Feeling the powerful presence coming I glanced at the water, not waiting for very long, as a voice spoke in my head, 'Perseus, son of Poseidon, join me in the water. Prove your birthright, young half-blood.' the soft, melodious voice called out.

I glanced at Belladonna, who merely dipped her head, before I began to wade into the ocean, sinking beneath the waves. An image of a gorgeous woman was floating in the water. I could feel her presence here, but it was almost like it wasn't here, at all. The woman had tanned skin, long curly black hair, blue eyes, and wore a shimmering sea green dress. On her head, was a coral crown, glittering with sapphires and emeralds. A name popped in my head. Amphitrite. I wasn't sure where the name came from, or who she was. But I knew one thing. We had met before.