Apologies, Lesson learned, Arya's birthday

Perseus' P.O.V

I watched as Arya barreled into me, throwing her small arms around my waist, after I dropped down from the saddle of Belladonna. Hearing some stifled sobs, as her small frame was wrecked with grief. I frowned.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I leaned down, bringing my lips close to her ear, and whispered the words. We stayed there for a little while, as I held her close, letting my friend get all of her sadness out, her arms squeezing me tightly. She finally pulled back, and glanced into my eyes. Her own red rimmed from the bawling she just did.

"I thought you were dead. You knocked me out, after leaving a note, not saying where you went, just that you had a mission to do. You didn't even scry anyone, nor did you take anyone with you, in case of something going wrong, or in case you needed help. What if you really had died?! What of your dragons?! What about those who care about you, such as my aunts?! What about.......me?" She started off by calmly saying, before devolving into screaming. Her last words, however, trailed off, barely a whisper. I managed to catch them, though, thanks to my enhanced hearing, perks of being bonded to three dragons, well that and my own weird biology.

"Arya, look, did I act recklessly? Yes, but I am alive, Belladonna is alive, and that's all that matters. We made it back, safe and sound. We also managed to take out an extremely dangerous threat to all of Alagaësia. So please, let's just let it go, okay? Especially given that I know I'm going to catch an earful from both Masters Oromis and Formora." I said, while shuddering.

'Yeah, I am so not looking forward to that tongue lashing. Maybe I can actually blame Vrael, and have him take most of the flack anyways, since he gave me the mission. Dick.' I mused to myself.

Arya just gave me a flat, unimpressed glare, before turning away, crossing her arms, and pouting. "Fine, but from now on, I'm spending the night with you. Someone has to keep you from doing something stupid and irrational and reckless."

I gaped at her. 'Okay, where did this come from?' I thought to myself somewhat incredulously.

"Ignoring rudeness and meanness, we should probably let everyone else know I'm back." I dryly stated to her, she smiled and nodded, before grabbing my arm and dragging me off to Tialdarí hall. We ran past trees, heading to Arya's ancestral home. All the while I kept thinking about ways to avoid trouble with my masters.

"Mother, Father, Aunties. Come here, there's someone here that would like to see you. Also, might want to bring Oromis-elda, Brom-elda, and that jerk Vrael-elda." Arya called out excitedly.

'Tiamat, Belladonna, Victoria, a little help here? Quickly, please.' I let the thought float through.

'Why not just play the victim, or act like the child they all seem to think you are? Vrael already hates and distrusts you. So really, what else can he do to you?' Tiamat sent back.

Hearing footsteps, I glanced up, waiting for the inevitable. Sure enough, upon their arrival, the women and men, seeing me, just stood and stared for a moment, shocked that I was still alive, apparently.

Islanzadí's P.O.V (the few weeks Perseus was on his mission from Vrael, up to now)

Watching Arya cry herself to sleep these several days, was causing pain to my own heart.

'My poor baby girl. Damn you Vrael. It's not just my daughter you've hurt either. You have caused pain for my whole family, and even Brom, and Oromis are pained because of you. What's even worse, is that you don't even care. You hated the boy the moment you laid eyes on him.' the mother internally scowled.

I sighed, glancing down at my crying, and whimpering daughter, as she tossed and turned in her sleep. Leaning my face down, I gave her a small, gentle kiss on her forehead, before moving to her ear, and whispering a spell, "gå inn i fredelig hvile."