Chapter 4

Oromis staggered back, after seeing those brief memories, he was expelled from the boy's mind. His dragon, Glaedr, mentally reached out, seeking to ease his rider's mental burden.

"Well Oromis, is he an agent of Galbatorix?!" Vrael's voice thundered, full of anger and hatred when speaking about Galbatorix.

"Vrael, give Oromis a moment, at least allow him to put his thoughts together, regarding what he had seen." Umaroth gently chided his rider.

"I bet he's not a spy, or in league with Galbatorix at all!" Arya's voice popped up, wearing a fierce, pouty expression on her face, much to the amusement of several of the gathered people.

Formora just looked at the boy, laying on the ground, groaning, due to his previous injuries, as well as the stream of memories that Oromis glimpsed through. She didn't know why, or what it was, but something about the boy called out to her, drawing her near him. She wasn't sure, but it was almost as if she would be miserable, if he wasn't part of her life. Quite frankly, she didn't know if she liked such a notion.

Hrothgar, for his part, just looked indifferent about it all. He didn't think the boy was an enemy, but he wasn't going to stick his neck out for him either.

The elven monarchs, Evandar and Islanzadí, just watched on, worrying about the potential ramifications of allowing an unknown into Ellesmera, also worrying and wondering about the child.

Brom spoke up, "Well master Oromis, is he a threat? If not, might I suggest, that we do something about his injuries, as well as finding a way to earn his support and loyalty? With Galbatorix and his Forsworn, we need all of the able bodied soldiers that we can get."

Having said this, several of them turned to look at him, "What?" Brom questioned, upon seeing their dumbfounded glances.

"It's just, well, that was a very intelligent suggestion, coming from you." Formora said. Brom just scowled at her. Much to the amusement of the dragons, Islanzadí, and evandar.

"No, he's not a threat, at least not to us. We have just received a boon, a powerful, miracle. A warrior of untold proportions." Oromis said to his allies, and his leader.

Having heard that, Vrael just sighed and shook his head. 'Oromis wouldn't lie to me, would he? I know that he, like most elves, harbors a soft spot for children, but we are at war now! We can't afford to be soft! If this boy is even the slightest threat, he needs to be dealt with, here and now!' Vrael's mind racing darkly, his thoughts becoming more and more dangerous by the minute.

Umaroth, through his shared bond with Vrael, cast a worried, weary eye over his partner, not liking the direction his mind took. 'Vrael, perhaps you should dismiss the council, for the evening? Let everyone retire, giving them some much needed rest, enjoying some food? Come morning, we could all reconvene, and discuss what Oromis has gleamed? Your thoughts are irritable, and quite frankly are not going to help anyone right now.' came the calm, cool, collected thoughts of the great, big, white behemoth, that was Umaroth.

'Why am I the only one who sees the potential threat in this boy? Are they all blind? Perhaps I am just being paranoid, thanks to the betrayal of Galbatorix? Is that it? I don't trust this child, and I don't know why. What is wrong with me?!' Vrael thought to himself.

Speaking out loud, the (former?) leader of the riders dismissed everyone for the night, "It's getting late, let us retire for the evening, feast, and rest. In the morn, we shall discuss what Oromis saw, that makes him so certain and sure of this child not being a threat. That is, if Oromis is permittable?"

Oromis, just bowed his head forward, slightly, letting Vrael know that he was agreeable. Formora, Vrael, and Brom all headed off into Ellesmera, wanting to catch some sleep, after grabbing some food, that is.