Chapter 7

Perseus' P.O.V

'Hm, well this should be interesting, if nothing else. After all, it's not every day where you bond to three dragons, and an elf child. One who happens to be a princess, at that. Speaking of which, I wonder how her parents would react to her eavesdropping and watching this whole debacle? Something tells me it wouldn't go over well.' I mused to myself.

"When should I name them? Can I do it now? Where should I take them to sleep? Do dragons even sleep?" I asked out loud, not sure what I should or even wanted to do right now. Formora answered me this time.

"You can follow myself, if you so wish, I can show you where the riders normally stay when in the forest, which is where we will be for the foreseeable future." The beauty said calmly.

"Of course, you are more than welcome to come back and stay with me young one, if that is what you wish. I have plenty of room at my home in the Crags." Oromis kindly said.

'Hm, decisions, decisions. What to do? Perhaps I should see the Riders' living quarters first, and then make my choice? That sounds solid.' I debated with myself.

"I think I will accompany Formora, then, if she were agreeable, to check out these quarters for myself, before making a judgment call." I answered.

Formora nodded her head, and the two of us, with our dragons, headed out and towards the trees that housed the Riders.

Hrothgar's P.O.V

"Hrothgar, you claimed the boy as a young godling. What exactly, did you mean by that?" came the imperious voice of Queen Islanzadí.

"Exactly what it sounds like, Islanzadí. His aura, and his features are those of a demigod. Hence the name, godling. If I had to wager a guess, I would say he is the son of Njord. God of the wind and sea, patron of fishermen and sailors. He brings riches and good fortune to the just, honorable, and deserving." Pride filled my voice, happy to educate the elves on mine people and mine beliefs.

'It truly has been too long since one of his kind has walked these lands. Hm, I must find a way to sway him to our side. Perhaps an arranged marriage could work? Or maybe an offer of culture education? Though I do not know of any women that are of marriageable ages, nor do I know if such a union would be accepted by him. I need to act before the elves enchant him with their beliefs. That much I know.' I thought to myself.

"I don't know about all of that. I didn't feel any sort of 'Godlike' power from him. He doesn't really strike me as the type to radiate power either." Brom said skeptically.

"Boy you not know that in which you speak of. Gods are fierce, awe inspiring, and absolute. Their power is vast, incomprehensible. You dishonor Njord by speaking and thinking ill of his son. Gods are known to wipe out entire civilizations for less. You would do well to remember that." I could feel my blood boiling.

'That careless, bumbling fool! Does he wish to draw the ire of the gods down upon us all?! Surely not?!' I couldn't grasp how someone could be so foolish, especially with the child of a god in the very kingdom we reside in, even if it's just for a moment.

"Be that as it may, there will be no attacking anyone over religious beliefs, or other personal opinions. We all have our own, we should respect that, even if we don't agree." Oromis said sternly.

"Of course, forgive me, your majesties. I lost myself in my pride, and temper. I apologize." I managed to say, while dipping my head towards the king and queen of the elves.

"Forgive me, King Hrothgar, it was not my intention to insult you or your people. I merely wished to know more about this boy and his power. I cannot sense any of it." Brom acknowledged.