An Elf's Thoughts

Just a head's up, there will be a long author's note down at the bottom of this chapter concerning a cowardly guest, over on FFN. so if interested about that or just wanting to know why it is there, read it.

Third Person P.O.V

Perseus opened his eyes, figuring he must have dozed off for a few hours this morning, after his and Formora's intense rounds of lovemaking. He glanced down, feeling weight on his chest, looking at the rather very beautiful woman resting her head on his upper body. She sighed contentedly in her sleep. He absentmindedly stroked his hand through her hair, as his mind raced through possibilities of little children running around Du Weldenvarden. A vision burned bright in his mind.

'Great, large pine trees were all around. Dragons of many colors and sizes were roaring and shooting out their flames as they flew around high in the sky. A clamoring of loud noise was heard, as a group of children all ran about laughing and smiling. A group of women could be seen not too far from the little boys and girls roaming about, smiling with eyes full of love and happiness, as they gazed upon the children. Gazing around, Perseus' eyes soon fell upon a man standing in the clearing near the creek, a man that looked very familiar, yet he couldn't think as to why. The man had long, raven black hair falling down his back, a very fit and muscular body, with strong and thick arms, tanned skin, green tattoos running up and down his legs, arms, and torso, deep sea green eyes, flowing with currents of power and knowledge, a very impressive aura of strength and power radiated from this man.

A few more ran by, children being chased playfully by their mothers through the small creek in the woods, laughing as they were caught, and picked up, their faces being peppered with kisses, or their faces being nuzzled by their mothers. As Perseus himself continued to look around, taking in the sights of the happy mothers and children, as well as the joyous dragons, he felt something drawing him to these children. A fleeting, yet powerful and intense emotion. Something he wasn't entirely able to name for sure. A strong desire, burning within his very soul, taking root deep inside his being. Wanting these children, this life, this happiness.

'Is it possible, that these children are mine?! I can feel my magic singing, and the aura surrounding them is similar to my own.' Perseus thought to himself, for some reason, he was even hoping these were his children. Though he didn't know why, he wasn't exactly what you would call father material. The man locked eyes with Perseus through the vision, smiling at him, and the vision faded out.'

Formora stared up at her student? Friend? Lover? 'What even are we now? Have we crossed the bridge and become lovers? Are we bed warmers? Temporary mates?' she thought to herself.

"Morning, or rather, good afternoon, I guess I should say. Probably a dumb question, but I take it you appreciated your gift last night and some of this morning?" the elf beauty asked her lover.

"Well it was certainly a very enjoyable gift. I could get used to having this elf goddess in my bed from now on. Though I do have to ask, what are we now? Because as sappy as this is going to sound, I don't want this to be a one time thing. Being with you physically was nice, but I don't want just a physical relationship, Formora. I want something impactful, emotional, a woman to spend the rest of my life with. A woman that makes me laugh, and happy. A woman I can share my pain, troubles, and sorrow with, a woman, that brings out the best in me. A woman, I can love. A woman that makes life worth living, because living alone, is no life at all. Basically what I'm saying, or trying to say, is I want for us to try and be mates, not just temporary either, but permanent mates. I want you, Formora. I know I'm young by elf standards, and that I'm half human, but should that really matter? Love isn't rational, it's not logical, it's purely emotional, and if two people love one another, then that's all that should matter." Perseus said to her honestly.