Lyra

I step off the train to Hogwarts with my older brother Scorpius behind me. Cepheus had left to go find his friend so here I was.

A big man was yelling for first years to come towards him. My brother pushed me towards him. I met up with one of my friends Sidney black.

Her parents are friends of my parents. My father is Draco Malfoy making me a Malfoy. In the wizarding world that's a lot of pressure. Up until my dad my family was pureblood. But long story short my mother, a half-blood, and my father a pureblood made me and my two brothers, who are also halfbloods.

People still look at the Malfoy family as somewhat prestige though. I still learned etiquette and how to be a proper lady but my parents didn't really crack down on me like so wizard families do.

Anyways Sidney and I board the boat together as we set sail across the lake. Under the stars the lake let off a glint that I couldn't stop staring at.

We get to the other side as I get off the boat and head towards the castle.

When trod up a set of stairs and come to door. In front of it was a man with a scar on his face. He had a goofy grin but cold eyes.

"In a moment I will as per you in there and you will be sorted into your houses. They are Gryphindor for the brave, Slytherine for the cunning, ravenclaw for the smart, and hufflepuff for the loyal. When I was in your place as I kid I lost a toad and my ego just a bit. This is going to be a deciding moment in your school career. I'll be back in a second," he says.

He turns and leaves us all standing silently. Sidney I don't of the only people I know here. I have other wizard friends but they are in Scorpius's year.

Scorpius is a year older than me and Cepheus is two years older than me. Being the Malfoy heir they have girls on them all the time. No notices me too much. I come with a little price but when you grew up around purebloods, for most at least, children are an investment.

The man comes back and opens the doors for us to head in. I step into the great hall where tons of eyes land on us. I try to sink into the crowd but don't succeed.

From the hufflepuff table Cepheus gives me an encouraging smile. I look to the Slytherine table hoping to see Scorpius but I couldn't find him in time.

The sorting begins and I hold my breathe waiting for my name to be called.