Prologó.

Valley of Death

Valley of Death

Shall I fear no man but God.

He laid still in the comfort of his own silence. Eyes staring back into the reflection of the ceiling mirror plastered above him. Thoughts still, nothing for him to directly think about. His hands numbed at the feeling of his nails sinking into skin of the palm, dried blood painted over his hands like he'd just finished washing them in such.

It was early morning, near to sunrise on a chill morning. The open doors to the patio blew in crisp air around the open room. Everything was dressed down in white; every area your foot touched it was white. A shade that tended to give him a heavenly feel when he entered. Such an amazing decor choice while being known as the riskiest. One mishap and it was a disaster, yet that is what he valued most.

A quiet wheeze broke him out of the trance his ears had fallen deaf upon. Turning his head to make contact with the eyes full of confusion & fear that were boring into his own. Her mind too...was vacant. The only matter her body could focus on was the dagger impaled into her left breast, just missing her heart.

The woman was slowly bleeding out and feeling the agonizing effects of what her body was transitioning to. Polonium was currently soaring & taking place into her blood stream and she had no clue.

Cozy took in the scene in front of him, trembling hands clad on her chest had been covered in the dark crimson just as his were. The white sheets soaking up every leaking drop of blood spilling profoundly, he was immune to the dying melody of Donatella who lay beside him.

Turning over towards the other side of the bed, he stood to his feet and made his way around to the other end. Her body entered a state of shock knowing what was to happen next. The warmth of his hands versus her frigid body went unnoticed. The notion of being lifted & carried bridal style out the patio doors of the master bedroom.

With every step taken down the side of the patio towards the pool, her vision fluttered between darkness and the rising sun in front of them. She couldn't believe the current reality she was in, soon feeling a still moment, as if everything had fallen into slow motion. Her body slowly left the arms she once felt secure in, her eyes finding their way to his once again.

There once was a storm always happening behind those eyes, and it seemed in this last moment it was coming to an end. Cozy's hands dropped at his sides as he watched on into the pool of dead roses that once lived. Her mane of curls were the last thing he saw before the dead bloom swallowed the corpse.

"Silenzio di tomba, Cozy." His head shot up at the distant sound of his own. Making eye contact with himself at the end of the misty
path. Brushing off his surroundings, he ascended toward the tether.

"Silenzio di tomba." It repeated. Though he felt like he was growing closer, it felt further each time.

Feeling a sharp hold on himself, his body went into paralysis. Confusion clouded his thoughts that were deranged. In a blink of an eye, the air surrounding them seemed to be still.