Dieci.

No Fallen Sins Go Unpunished

Her acrylics tapped into rhythm against the arm of the chair she sat in, Donatella sat in thought as her eyes zoned in on the burgundy curtains decorated with her father's initials.

She couldn't rid her mind off of what Niccolo said because in honest thought, only what she'd been told from her side of the family has been in her head. Though she knew she was smarter than that, after Cozy disappeared & ignored all her advances as if he fell off the edge of the earth is what made it so easy to fall for what had been fed to her.

It was true that Marcellus wasn't ever going to be Capo and that was a personal decision from Donatus. He saw no potential in his anger driven son.

Breaking out of trance, her eyes caught onto her father's stature walking around her to take a seat across from her at the table. A genuine smile coming across his face at the dish sitting before the two, ossobuco was a dish of cross-cut beef shank with vegetables, white wine, & broth. Donnie's mamma always made it when it had been a long cold night.

"You know the right way to my heart alongside your madre." He spoke first as his eyes settled with his daughter's. Domo shot a soft smile taking in her father's appearance while her nerves increased at the conversation to come.

Donatus Anastasia was very youthful looking for his age, he took good care of himself well. Unlike Taz who ruled over with a iron first, Donnie was definitely more compassionate when it came to running what was going on around him.

It was different when it came to his children though, that's when a iron fist kicked in which is why Donatella was on edge when it came to bringing up anything with him.

"Always, I am your favorite figlia." She winked as she dug into her dish after prayer. The nerves in her stomach increasing, Donnie relaxed back in his seat once he swallowed his first bite. She was too quiet for him.

"My only figlia, at that. Now what is the occasion?" He went straight for it; she swallowed her remaining food and shot over an uneasy smile.

Just say it girl, damn.

"Why-um. Why isn't Cel...Capo?" The room fell into an eery silence. Donnie's stare had now gone cold, he'd been caught off guard. Domo wasn't one to question anything regarding business unless it was useful for her.

"Mm." He shrugged, leaning forward to dig back into his dish. "He's not ready, that's all." That was the end of the conversation for him, now disconnecting eye contact to continue eating.

She narrowed her eyes at the short answer & cut tone. Domo dropped her silverware, something she picked up from her mother was the two never took well to short answers when they wanted to know something.

"Why isn't he ready? You've had him initiated since bisnonno Atlas funeral. That isn't right." Great-grandpa Atlas. She pegged on, Donnie's hold on his fork tightened as he grew agitated. The room that lit with natural sunlight from the windows felt like it darkened.