Infiltrate! Area99

YOUR POV

I was relaxing on the couch with a cup of coffee/tea so I could give myself more energy for the day, I was on the verge of passing out. I hadn't slept well the past couple of days and having a blue hedgehog by the name of sonic fall into your pool in the middle of the night takes the life out of you. I could barely blink without passing out, I stood up and walked over to see Chris and sonic talking to each other, "yo, what's going *yawn* on?" I ask the two boys in front of me.

"oh hey y/n! we were just talking about how-" Chris got cut off by the sudden ringing of his phone "oh my bad hold on". "oh! hi dad how are ya?" Chris says, I could hear his fathers panicked voice from the phone something about how Chris's mom told him something about a cat? I rolled my eyes and sighed "that's Chris's mom for you, always, ALWAYS overreacting".

"yes, dad y/n was there to help me, I'll be more careful next time ok, I'll promise there won't be a next time day pinky promise! ok bye-bye" Chris says as he hangs up the phone with a smile. sonic shakes his head and I take a sip of my caffeinated drink "what did you tell your mother this time?" I ask Chris turning around and leaning on the balcony rail next to sonic "I just said that you jumped into the pool to help me save a drowning cat" he said.

 "and that's where you messed up," I say taking another sip of my drink, "what do you mean?" Chris asks me. "what do I mean? what do I mean!? Chris, you have to understand you tell your mother NOTHING when something happens, you know how dramatic she is. one time the entire police department came over to this house because you scraped. your.knee" I say with a slightly annoyed tone. Chris laughs nervously a bit and rubs the back of his head "yeah....I'll try not to say anything next time," he says, I sigh and take another sip of my drink "you better".

"Oh I forgot to ask you sonic but you're probably pretty hungry, I was thinking you'd like something to eat," Chris says looking at sonic "well yeah, I think I can go for something. what on the menu?" sonic asks. "well I searched hedgehogs on the internet and fount the perfect thing" "oh no" I look at what Chris was going to give to sonic and almost felt out of my chair.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing "Chris, Chris don't give it to him please dont-" I was cut off by sonic's screams of disgust. after that, I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, I set my drink on the table and started laughing my ass off as sonic jumped from the balcony to the nearest tree "wait sonic please don't go!" Chris yelled for sonic. Sonic shook his head "nope, see ya!" he said and took off.

"you could get hurt out there!" Chris shouted again, but it was too late sonic had already left and I had finally got myself together. I took a deep breath "ok, ok, get yourself together you got this" I said as I threw a few jabs at the air to fix my emotions up a bit. Chris looked at me obviously upset at himself but I put a hand on his shoulder "come on Chris let's get that blue furball back, and quick"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonic finally came back after a good 15-minute conversation on why he couldn't go in public. Chris and sonic were watching the news report and the interviews on sonics random appearance while I on the other hand was sitting on my f/c beanbag drinking my second cup of coffee/tea and playing on my DS (were those even out at the time- I think so).

Sonic had just finished his food when I heard footsteps come from the hallway "someone is on their way, wonder who it is"  I thought as I turn my attention from my DS to the door. The door opened and revealed Chris's grandpa.

He seemed excited about something and walked over to Chris with a giant grin on his face "there you are! guess what! A big blue hedgehog came out of nowhere and outran the S-team yesterday!" he said as all of our heads turn to him. Gramps looks at sonic finally realizing he's there and looks back a Chris, I look at sonic then Gramps, and put two and two together. "uh oh"