Chapter 3

"Bro, do you wanna go to the library with me? I gotta borrow some books from there." Abhro asked Neel while coming out from their classroom.

"Yup sure. I'll look for some for myself too, then."

Neel was seeming a bit lost today. He was spacing out frequently. Even now, when they were about to enter the library, he was looking at the backyard and wasn't in this world. Perhaps, the unrequited love was disturbing him too much. Should he confess? Or should he keep that feeling to himself? "The second one would be better", he thought to himself.

Abhro was busy looking for his books but even though Neel told that he'd look for some books for himself, he was busy losing himself in Abhro's eyes. His eyes were sparkling like glitter just like his name. His name was so special to Neel. He's a big sky enthusiast, Abhro meant sky too; Neel means blue, sky is most of the times blue ; this is how he himself ships himself with Abhro- Neelabhro. " Or what else can I even do? That dumbass will never understand my feelings.", he always thinks to himself.

" Neel, bro, please help me find this book. I can't find it. Would you check the catalogue for me, please? "

" Yeah. I will." Neel went to the librarian and asked for the catalogue. After flipping through a couple of pages, he found the location of the required book. He returned it to him and came to Abhro and said, "Abhro, the book is in the last row shelf, extreme left side."

" Thanks dude. You won't take any book? You said you would."

" Umm no. I don't require it right now."

Abhro nodded. After 10-15 minutes, they came out of the library. They went towards their usual side of the backyard.

- Neel, you know what?
- what?
- I wish I had become a photographer. Look, the sky is so fucking amazing! I mean, how's this even possible. How can nature be such a fine painter?
- haha. I know right. But the fact is, your photography skills suck.
- nevermind. You can suck my lips though.
- are you sure? Cause I'm ready to do it.
- yeah go ahead. I know you'll never do it.
- are you really sure?
- yeah I am.

Neel seized Abhro's wrist and pulled him towards a wall nearby where it was hidden by a big tree. He slammed him on the wall and pressed himself against him pinning his hands above his head. He leaned in for a kiss. Abhro was flustered but quickly shut his eyes and parted his lips.

Neel's lips touched Abhro's and slowly sucked it in. The clench of the lips became firm and slowly both of their tongues slid inside the others mouth. They cocked their heads to one side and grasped the others hair for more pleasure. Faint yet distinct sounds of the tongues hitting each other could be heard when Neelabhro were busy splattering their saliva near their lips.

The kiss hardly lasted for some 10-12 seconds but to Neel, it was an eternal ecstasy which no one could understand and to Abhro it was a sudden rhapsody at which his heart was leaping and thumping so hard, he could literally feel it from outside.

Even after the kiss, Neel pecked Abhro's lips for the last time and whispered in his ears, "I'm sorry. But thank you for what you gave me just now. I'll forever owe this to you."

Abhro felt a cold little drop falling on his earlobe and Neel spontaneously turned around to hide the moisture in his eyes. He almost ran away from him to escape anymore "embarassment". Tear drops couldn't help themselves but fall. His eyes became blurry with tears. He somehow pressed the  switch of the elevator and went up to his floor to go to his room.

He threw his bag on his bed and went to the washroom to shed all the years which he'd been holding inside him for years. Did he really kiss Abhro? Can he understand his feelings now? Or does he need to really confess? But he can't do so. He's insecure of the fact whether their friendship will still be intact. A millions of questions and pessimistic doubts but without any answers were getting jumbled up in his head. He couldn't bear that exorbitant pain inside his heart anymore.