chapter 17: Kakashi

"Lord Hokage, I have something very important to discuss with you."
"Kakashi? What is it?"
"Early today team 7 was sparing. Naruto and Sasuke were against each other and Sasuke tried to use Chidori on Narut-"
"That little brat tried to do what!?! I swear if Naruto is hurt!"

Kakashi was taken back by Tsunade's reaction. He had known that she and Naruto had a special bond, that of a grandmother and grandson, but this seemed to be more than that. She was viewable shaking, like what Kakashi heard she'd do when she had that phobia of blood. Tsunade had sounded mad when she yelled but she didn't look angry. She looked worried. This has to do with what was going on with Naruto. When Naruto had gone to her they must have found out something bad. If that's so then why didn't one of them tell him?! He was Naruto's sensei! He should know if something had happened to him! He would have to go ask Naruto about it. If Tsunade hasn't already told him then she won't ever. There has to be a reason he wasn't told but Kakashi didn't care. He needs to know these things to be able to keep his little genin safe. If he knew that something bad was going on with Naruto he would have never had him and Sasuke spare.

"Lord Hokage, I assure you that Sasuke did not hurt Naruto. However, when Sasuke charged at him, the nine tails chakra wrapped around Naruto in some sort of cloak."
"Was he angry when it came out?"
"No, he seemed to be... frightened."
"Then why would the beast's chakra come out. Has it become where when Naruto is in any type of distress its chakra will come out?" Tsunade's eyes widened after saying that. Naruto will be in distress when he is giving birth. The nine tails attack could happen again.
"Would you like me to pay more attention to Naruto or even follow him?"
"No! You don't need to do that. I'll take care of it."
"Are you sure? It's really no big de-"
"Kakashi! I said I'll take care of it!"
"...Of course. Sorry for speaking out of turn, Lord Hokage."
"It's fine. Just...make sure Sasuke doesn't hurt Naruto."

. . .

Kakashi knew that what he was doing could get him in trouble but technically he wasn't going against what Tsunade had told him not to do. All she said was not to follow him, she never said he couldn't go ask Naruto what is going on with him. Kakashi wasn't there for Naruto when he was little but he going to be from now on. Minato would have wanted him to take care of Naruto. With that in mind, Kakashi knocked on the door of Naruto's apartment.

In a couple of minutes, Naruto opens the door yawning and rubbing his eyes. He was in his normal clothes but they were wrinkled and his hair was messer than usual.

"Kakashi sensei? What are you doing here?"
"Hey, Naruto. Is it alright if I come in? I need to talk to you about something."
"...O-okay. Come on in."

Sitting across from each other in complete silence, Kakashi studied Naruto intently. He was currently playing with his fingers trying really hard not to look at Kakashi. Yes, there was definitely something wrong and it was Kakashi's job to make sure Naruto was okay.

"Naruto, how have you been? You've been acting strange these past few months."
"S-strange? Wh-what do m-mean? I've been per-perfectly f-fine."
"It's just that I'm worried about you. If something is wrong you need to tell me so I can help you. After all, that's what senseis are for."

Kakashi had said that with his signature closed eye smile, that Naruto only looked up last minute to see. Telling Kakashi could help Naruto but he was just too scared to. He didn't know if his reaction would be good or bad and that terrified Naruto. The uncertainty of what could happen.

"I-if here was something wrong I would tell you. I swear." Naruto could see the disappointment in Kakashi's eye but he didn't know what else to do. He knew that Kakashi would be even more disappointed if he knew he was pregnant. He didn't want Kakashi to be disappointed in him. The thought of it hurt him. He truly cared about what Kakashi thought of him. Naruto saw Kakashi as a big brother, a niisan, just like Kurama.

"Okay, Naruto. I'll see you at tomorrow's mission."

Naruto felt like crying. He held it in the best he could before Kakashi left but after he did he bawled his eyes out. Why can't he just tell him? Why does he have to be so scared? What was he going to do?

--------------------
Just another picture of Kakashi and wanted to remind everyone that none of the picture are mine.