chapter 16: Over Protective Uncle

Team 7's spending the day training at the training grounds. It had been the usual trading out between partners as Kakashi sensei sat there reading his book. Sakura, as always, was cheering Sasuke on instead of focusing on her training. Naruto was trying his best not to go overbroad for the safety of his baby. However, Sasuke was making that difficult. He had convinced himself that Naruto was hiding something from him, especially since he wasn't trying during training. It wasn't like Naruto to not go all out. It made him angry that he was hiding something so he decided to take that anger out on the said person.

Sasuke and Sakura fought first. As anyone could guess, it ended fast. With Sasuke being irritated and Sakura not wanting to "hurt her Sasuke-Kun."

Next was Naruto and Sasuke's turn. It was a normal fight, to begin with. Punches and kicks being thrown back and forth. Naruto used some shadow clones but nothing too much which made Sasuke yell, "What are you doing?! Why are you holding back?!" Naruto went on defense, easily being able to tell that Sasuke was angry, probably for some stupid reason like he always is. Seeing this only angered him more. "Chidori!"
.
.
.
Kakashi grabbed Sasuke's hand, keeping it from going any closer to Naruto. They all stared at Naruto in fearful shock. The said boy had his eyes squeezed shut, trembling in fear. Arms wrapped protectively around his abdomen. There was silence for a couple of minutes before Naruto slowly opened his eyes. He is extremely confused to see the looks on their faces. Looking down to see what was so wrong for them to make that expression, he saw the nine tails cloak around him. Not only that but there was also one fluffy fox tail wrapped around his belly.

"I need to go!" Naruto said jumping up not too quickly. He was still greatly worried about his baby being stressed about all the "excitement." The rest of team seven didn't move as they watched Naruto run away with the cloak still around him. Kakashi had to immediately tell the Hokage what had happened. Anything that had to do with the nine tails could be disastrous if it wasn't dealt with. Naruto didn't seem to be angry so why was the nine tails chakra coming out. Not even beginning to mention that Naruto had already been acting on edge. If he isn't able to calm himself down for whatever reason he was upset, they would have to do something about it. Kakashi's face pinches at the thought of what the village elders and villagers might do if they saw Naruto like that.

Sasuke looked at Naruto with wide eyes and an open mouth. The only thing he seemed to be able to do was stand there sweating with trembling hands and rapid breathing. He had felt this chakra before at the chunin exams but this...was so much stronger now. The pure anger that was radiating off of him. It didn't feel like it was his chakra. What was it and why was it so strong? Why would the dobe have such strong chakra!?! What is he hiding!?!

A shiver ran down Sakura's spine. As much as she hated to admit it she was generally scared of Naruto right now. She has never felt such fierce chakra before. More than anything, she was worried about him. Usually, Naruto is too much of a baka to be worried about anything and includes his own safety but right then he seemed so terrified of Sasuke hurting him. There was most definitely something wrong with that baka. Even though Sakura was a little anxious about going to see Naruto with what just happened she needed to go talk to him and figure out what was going on with him.

. . .

Naruto ran through allies dodging every person he crossed. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't get the nine tails cloak to go away. The villagers have always been on edge around him and could only imagine how they will react to seeing him with fox ears and tails. He was able to make it back to his apartment hoping that no one had seen him.

Naruto plopped down on his bed breathless from running all that way. He was a little upset that he was already out of breath just from running from the training grounds to his apartment but with his current condition no one could really say anything about it. After a minute the cloak finally disappears. Laying down on his bed, Naruto closes his eyes and focuses on talking to Kurama.

When Naruto opens his eyes he's standing in front of the kyūbi's cage. Kurama stares at him with an irritated expression. "What was that for!?! Do you know what could have happened if someone saw me like that!?!" exclaimed Naruto at the now furious fox.

"What do you mean 'what was that for'. How could you have done something idiotic!?!"
"Idiotic!?! What did I even do!?!"
"You're almost three months pregnant! You could have hurt the kit, you brat!"
"Why would my child even concern you!? You don't care about what happens to me if it doesn't affect you!"
"I do care about you! You ignorant child!"

At this Naruto's breathing slowed and his face turned from the red hot-blooded habanero shade that had been caused by all their shouting a couple of seconds ago, it was back to his usual sun-kissed skin tone. Worries? He actually worries about him? Naruto is slightly taken back by this. He always thought that the fox had hated him. Being sealed inside of him must not be pleasant but even despite that he still cares about Naruto.

Naruto's whole face lit up. Stars shown in his beautiful sapphire blue eye. He smiled a smile that was so pure and precious that it could melt any heart, that includes the kyūbi. The nine tails was confused. Why would kit have that stupid look on his face?

"Aww, you big soft fox," Naruto said with a tiny giggle that made Kurama's heart tighten.
"Who you calling soft, you!" Kurama growled at him.
"You. The big scary nine tails that cares so much about his Jinchuuriki," Naruto jokes.
"It's hard not to be concerned about someone I've been with since before they were born," grumbled Kurama.
"I guess it could be hard not caring about someone you have known since before..."

Wait. Before birth? Kurama knew him before he was born? That would mean... was he sealed inside of his mother? Was his mother a Jinchuuriki too!?! Did Kurama know who his parents are!?!

"Kurama... What do you mean by 'knew before birth'? Were you sealed in my mom while she was pregnant with me?" Naruto asked, his voice shaking because of how hard his heart was pounding.

"...Yes, I was."
"What was she like?" Naruto asked softly, looking at the ground.
"She was... a lot like you although more aggressive," replied Kurama, and with a little chuckle he continued, "The village gave her a colorful nickname."
"Really? What was it?" He looked up at him with a sparkle in his eye.
"...It's getting a bit late. You should get to bed."
"Yeah, I guess you're right. Me not getting whole sleep wouldn't be good for the baby and you don't want that, you overprotective uncle," Naruto teased.
"Uncle!?!"
"Yeah! You've been with me since before I was born so you're like my big brother! Which would mean my baby's uncle!"
"Whatever," Kurama said with a bright blush on his cheeks which caused Naruto to laugh.
"Okay, well goodnight."
"Goodnight."

With a huff, Naruto went out of his mindscape. He lay in bed thinking of all the things he had just learned. Kurama truly cares about him. He even knew his mother. Like him but more aggressive. How aggressive? Was it a Sakura kind of aggression? But what about his father? If he was sealed inside his mother he must have at least seen his father through his mother's eyes. What does his father look like? What does his mother look like? Kurama said that he had his mother's personality so does that mean he looks like his father? All of these questions ran through his mind but there were still two questions he was afraid to ask himself: are his parents alive and why did they leave him.