Chapter 1.2

We buried Lena next to her father. They laid there peacefully as we wrapped them in cloth and returned them to Mother Earth. Their names were deeply engraved into their tombstone so that they would be remembered for centuries. We wept through it all and cried until there was nothing left in our eyes.

Our journey back to Camelot was uneventful. The spring breeze was cold against our skin and the animals were silent. As if the world pitied our tragedy and gave us space to grieve. The  adrenaline had worn off; we felt weak; we felt suicidal. Yet, Mordred's admiration for King Arthur held us back.

We stumbled upon our dirtied armor untouched on the road. We paid no heed to the filth that coated the metal as we placed plates back on.

After one day of slow traveling, without sleep and rest, we arrived at Camelot. No one greeted our return besides the gatekeepers. We preferred it this way; there was no energy left inside us to converse with others.

However, the sight of Morgan in the shadows of the castle caught our attention. Mordred did not know the reason for her appearance, but I did. The major event of our lives had arrived at the worst time. It happened much sooner than I had imagined, probably a side-effect of my influence. Morgan told us of our heritage and it sparked a deep yearning of affecting from our proclaimed father within my other self. I was also anticipating the meeting with King Arthur.

Coincidently, we both held a similar end goal. It was crazy, but it must be done to allow Lena and Egbert to die in peace. We must break the King's ideals and desire for perfection. I had changed many things for the Mordred of this world. Perhaps it was enough to change the interaction into our favor. We needed change and comfort, especially after the tragedy that had befell our life.

Swiftly, our body moved to call the king for a private conversation. There, I experienced Mordred's excitement...and her hatred.

We revealed our secret.

"You won't recognize me as your son? You won't see your faults?!"

We were rejected.

"That is your answer, King of Knights?"

We...We...

"I was happy just being by your side. Yet you never turned my way for who I was."

We...I...We/I...I.

"King! Then I will!"

I raged.

"I will destroy everything you represent!"

I will forever-

"ARTHUR!"

-hate you.