Arc 2 Chapter 2

AN: Mordred Alter (mc) will sometimes be referred to as Alter, while the original Mordred is referred to as just Mordred.

Gawain was not pleased by Mordred's strange behaviors. It was astonishing how a knight of her personality would be traveling alone without soldiers and in the path away from assigned duties. Her new attire was equally as shocking as it contrasted too greatly with her usual garb. She could perchance crave to increase her stature and presence and modified her armor to fit her needs. In addition to her armor, her speech was more blunt and ill-suited for a knight of her status. It was not his place to question her reason, but he would state his objections if it hindered her performance.

He strolled in the halls of Camelot trying to reach the throne room. His thoughts were interrupted when he saw Mordred walking to his front...in her usual garms. Why would she suddenly change back when so much emphasis was placed in her new appearance during their travels back to Camelot? Though he made no comments of her attire, the slight motions and comfort Mordred exuded when sporting the armor conveyed her utmost trust in the protection the attire imparted.

For Gawain, her sudden switch back to her older looks was intriguing. Mordred was not one to peacefully accept criticism from people other than the king. If he was to question her strange interests, he must do so under the pretense of their king.

What he never expected was to see two Mordred inside a room. The taller Mordred he met on his travels, wore the unusual garms and was currently subduing the normal looking Mordred.

How could there be two of the same person? Gawain did not know the answer. He moved away from the doorway and rubbed his eyes, hoping that the sight he saw was a mistimed hallucination. He peeked into the room for a second time and glimpsed at the taller Mordred staring at him. Gawain hid himself again due to his confusion rather than any other emotions.

Another Mordred could not exist...King Artoria only called upon one. Yet, the two individuals, even with the differences in age, size, and knight armor, were indeed the same person.

He kept racking his brain over this predicament, all until a pair of arms crashed through the walls behind him and the hands plated in black metal loomed over his head.

--------------------------------

After unintentionally knocking out her other self, Gawain just had to witness the aftermath of her deeds.

'No witnesses', an ominous thought drifted in Alter's head, but she for once partially agreed to the idea. Gawain must be silenced before he could alert the entire fortress of her intrusion.

Alter released Mordred and thrusted her arms into the thin wooden barrier shared between the room and the hall. Her hands easily smashed through the wood and felt a humanoid head in her grip. With one power pull, Gawain crashed into the room and a human shaped hole was imprinted on the wall.

Gawain fell onto his back, dazed by the sudden attack. Swiftly, Alter sat on top of the blonde knight's chest, using her body weight to constraint her target.

Their eyes met right before Alter's fist kissed his face. The strike did nothing but bruise his cheek; he was fully awake and struggled to remove her from above him.

"Release me doppelganger." He screamed in between her beatdown.

"Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to Hell!" Alter desperately repeated. The more he stayed conscious, the more likely her cover would be blown and him getting killed.

Alter's focus on silencing this annoying pest made her ignorant of the other combatant in the room. Mordred violently chokeholds Alter from behind. The sudden lack of air passing into Alter's lungs halted her swings, giving Gawain a chance to crawl away from Alter's reach.