Epilogue 1

The Singularity ended.

Dr. Roman confirmed it through the comms and the heroic spirits felt reality shifting back into place.

The calamity was resolved for a horrible sacrifice.

Emiya took the liberty of repairing Mordred's helmet and Kenelm placed it on her head. The warm smile that never withered disappeared behind a wall of black metal.

There King Mordred sat...Her body placed on the stone throne inside the cave. Clarent laid proudly on her lap. The knights of this era carefully assembled every piece of their King; they made her whole. In life and in death, the knights affirmed her rightful place as ruler of Britain. Artoria Pendragon didn't object to their decision. How could she after what had transpired. The blade she used to deal the final blow had long disintegrated into particles of light. Yet, she still felt the weight of the blade bearing down on her. She doubted it would ever disappear.

Merlin brought up the idea of leaving her body here, making this place her burial ground. He reasoned the people had suffered enough and the glimpse of Mordred's death would bring further trepidation to the frightened masses. Everyone agreed; the people of Britain deserved some rest...Everyone needed some...Mordred needed it the most.

A gloomy atmosphere loomed over the group as they exited the cave. Sunlight greeted them above their heads, while the grass softened their steps. They could see it; it was all over, but no glory was to be had.

Their journey back to Camelot was dull and flooded with stationary corpses spread across their route they traveled on. The people cheered at their return. They praised the knights and blessed the members of Chaldea. Artoria didn't complain when she had to cover her face once they entered the capital. The cheers of the civilians and soldiers alike were nostalgic to the King of Knights.

However, she could not accept their goodwill. The applause felt like needles pricking the group's skin. The one who deserved the praise had long passed on.

A party was planned on the insistence of Kenelm and Merlin. Tristan questioned how they could support such a large celebration. Resources were incredibly scarce during the many conflicts.

Kenelm waved off the worries and noted the surplus of supplies stocked up in the underground stashes underneath Camelot.

The victory celebration was announced to the public and held on the night of the group's return. The people could finally relax and heal from the wounds of the past. The masters and servants of Chaldea notified their departure at the start of the celebration. Gareth wished they stayed for longer, but Emiya shook his head. He concluded that they must depart to the present to prepare for the next Singularity.

The knights accepted the answer and sent their farewells to their new allies. The members of Chaldea did so in kind to repay their gratitude. To Gudao's confusion, the heroic spirits refused the gifts given to Chaldea. Archer kindly rejected the items awarded to him and Artoria hid herself from public attention. Even Berserker had tossed the precious saint quartz Gudako had tirelessly collected in this Singularity. Of course, he did it after knocking the female master out cold with a chop to the back of her neck. She would be furious when she woke up.

Gudao was never told why the spirits acted so bizarrely. They deferred the topic till their return to the present, which he reluctantly agreed to.

In a flash of light, they were back. Chaldea had their own little party to celebrate their success in resolving the Singularity.

Unsurprisingly, Gudako was pissed and submerged herself in ice cream and soda to conceal her sorrows. The happy faces and normal occurrences didn't cease the strange feeling that anchored in Gudao's chest.