Arc 2 Chapter 4

AN: Mordred Alter's Guts allows her to reassemble and reattach every piece of her flesh and bones. This has the added benefit of her dislodged body parts to automatically seek out other pieces and fuse together in hopes of becoming whole again. The consequence is that Mordred Alter is unable to regenerate missing organs and bones, though light wounds will heal. Therefore, parts that have been reduced to ashes, or nonexistence, are gone forever. In the place of her missing body parts, Alter creates inferior replacements using her black tendrils and sludge to cover up mortal wounds and replace her bones and internal organs. Demon god eyes would randomly protrude from segments that were given this treatment. The entire process uses obscure amounts of mana and running out of mana before lethal injuries are healed will result in death.

Timeline: During the one-sided conflict between Mordred Alter and King Artoria, Chaldea had already joined forces with Ozymandias and met up with Bedivere. Therefore, it's also past the point where Lancelot chose to side with Chaldea and led the rebellion against the lion king. It was a coincidence that Mordred Alter met King Artoria right before the two sides clashed.

-----------------------------------------------------

Two great armies clashed at the walls of Camelot. Chaldea forces pushed into the holy city, slaying Agravain's madness enhancement army.

"A flying golden pyramid...An Artoria with fat lumps...And my legs hopping their way to the rest of my body." Mordred Alter laid on the pavement with her lower half, including some organs missing from her body. She faced towards the sky as a powerful laser shot out of the flying fortress. The beam caked her in a storm of debris and dust.

"How has my life come to where this is the norm? Am I going insane?" She sighed and shook herself clean of the aftermath. The good that came from her predicament was that the voice in her head screaming bloody murder was silenced (AN: Demon God in her body is cooperating) and her bloodlust was once more manageable.

"You have gone beyond lunacy." A male figure walked into her sight with his blade drawn.

"If it isn't the sun boy." Alter called out in annoyance, which was then overwhelmed by delight. Her legs had arrived to their location and black tendrils extruded from her waist to form a connection to her limbs. Slowly, her body was lifted from the ground and straight onto her legs, like a fleshy Lego action figure.

"Here to finish me off, instead of defending Camelot from the threat?" She mocked, letting her flesh and armor finish reassembling itself before taking a battle stance. She had half expected her younger self to confront her, but he would do. Just like Gawain of her own timeline, they both neglected their nation in favor of his redemption.

"You are the threat...I failed to kill you in our first encounter." He readied Excalibur Galatine to strike the horrid beast down. "That will be my final mistake."

"So sure of yourself." She cynically snickered and lowered her body. "Do you actually believe you can defeat me? All by your lonesome self?"

"In the light of the sun, you are but an insect. My strength alone will eradicate your filth." He confidently proclaimed.

"Very well. Then face me! Fight ME!" Mana surged through her, reinforcing every cell in her body. The sudden burst of power rippled across the area, cracking stones and uprooting vegetation. "FIGHT ME, you sinful maggot!"

"How is my duty to the king sinful?" He berated Alter.

Mordred Alter's helmet took their place upon her head. "Because suicide is a cowards way out." She finished and wildly dashed at Gawain.

"You are a mad dog!" Gawain brought his sword to an arc and gathered mana for his NP.

"Excalibur Galatine!" He screamed, but nothing happened. The sight, or lack of, staggered the knight, an instant that sealed his fate.