Chapter 9

AN: The two genders for Ritsuka Fujimaru are mostly based off of their movies and anime series.

"Rayshift is in operation. Brace yourself." Romani Archaman announced the two masters. The orange-haired female was Gudako, the gacha-obsessed master with an addiction to saint quartz. The other master was Gudao, a male with black hair and the more serious of the two masters. Though both were dedicated to saving humanity, it was well known that Gudao was the responsible one and Gudako had...a FGO player mindset. No one questioned her true motives, since she was a respectable master when the situation called for it.

"Safeties for rayshift to Medieval England are complete. Six individuals are registered and ready to proceed." A Chaldea operator updated.

The people being prepared for teleportation were the two masters and four servants. Mash would always support her senpai through the thicks and thins of life. She was followed by Saber Artoria Pendragon, Archer Emiya, and Berserker Hercules. Artoria was insistent on coming because the Singularity was taking place near the final days of her deceased nation. Emiya was dragged along by Artoria and the masters for his diverse prowess (it's his cooking, can't really hide that fact). Finally, Hercules came along because of Gudako's suggestion for obvious (FGO gamer) reasons. A 10 bond Hercules could solo carry any battle.

Leonardo Da Vinci called out the group to ensure they were well-equipped for their new mission. The participants all nodded before they were consumed by light and teleported to the Singularity.

In a flash, they regained their senses in the grasslands directly outside of Camelot. The condition of the castle and the settlements visible to their eyes were horribly damaged. Corpses of soldiers and civilians, both fresh and rotten, littered the land. The sound of battle echoed across the landscape. Things grew worse when they noticed the large pillar of ominous black light piercing and cracking the sky; the light seemed to be destroying the very fabric of reality.

"This is horrible." Artoria vocalized everyone's thoughts on the scene that lay around them. Gudao couldn't handle the gore and puked, while the other master held out pretty well. Emiya comforted Gudao by patting his back. Artoria and Hercules scanned their surroundings for danger.

"Are you seeing this Doctor?" Gudako asked through her communications device. Romani Archaman and Da Vinci both affirmed the scene.

Their communications were interrupted by a group of soldiers ornamenting Mordred's mark. The soldiers' eyes widened when they saw Artoria and drew their blades.

"There's the heinous dead king! Kill her and her foul followers!" A soldier pointed at Artoria and called his peers to arms.

"I shall handle this, Mast-" Artoria was about to charge in for battle, but Hercules took the lead with a roar.

"Get them Hercules!" Gudako sternly ordered. "I need my saint quartz."

"-ers." Artoria slowly finished, surprised by Berserker's sudden intrusion. It was too late though, the soldiers were all knocked out. Sadly, Gudako didn't find any quartz from the short battle.

*tsk*

The King of Knights ignored her master's displeasure and shook one of the soldiers awake.

"You will tell me what has transpired to my nation." She ordered the injured man.

"As if I will say anything to you, fiend." He spat back. His voice was coated in sickening venom and hatred. "You will never dethrone King Mordred."

Hearing the name of the Knight of Treachery, Artoria gritted her teeth. "What has that traitorous knight done to my land?" She continued to demand.