Epilogue 2

AN: The groundwork is now set. Enjoy.

Time: 1980

Ancient parchments were uncovered within an old gothic church listed for demolition. The documents were tightly locked inside an iron box and the name Archbishop Kenelm was carved into the metal. Its contents were sent to the University of the West of England for examination. Professionals dated the documents to the era of the early Medieval period. Historians, after inspecting the passages, discovered a peculiar trend that coincided with the British legends of King Arthur. A solidifying evidence was the repetition of the words Mordred, Excalibur, father, Arthur, and rebellion. Mentions of the Knights of the Round Table were also present in the uncovered documents. Many historians hypothesized the possibility of the manuscripts, nicknamed Mordred Notes, to be a diary of sorts written by Knight Mordred.

Time: 2001

A fully translated version of Mordred Notes was released to the public. An archive of the papers was listed on the internet, which can be found on the official United Kingdom tourist website.

Time: 20 February 2010

An American historian and college professor, Mund Macton in his mid 50s, was scrolling through his facebook page. The discovery of the Mordred Notes had painted a more comprehensible history of the legends of King Arthur. Yet, some parts also contradicted major portions of the myths. The main difference was the final confrontation between King Arthur and Knight Mordred, the king's son. Dr. Macton wished to resolve this mystery, but felt lost on where to begin. As such, he searched the internet for inspiration. There he found a particular post and replied to it:

RansomKnight: I recently got myself into reading the supposed diary of Mordred. It felt very similar to a story my parents used to tell. Lol.

MactonCheese: Hello, this is Dr. Mund Macton of the University of ********. Can you please tell me more about this children's story?

RansomKnight: Sure, I don't mind. *Picture of story*

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Knight of Treachery

A little girl was born in the forest of wonder.

She was a blunt little thing,

Never giving up on anything.

Mo was what a kind lady called her

And gave her the strength to strike like thunder.

"To be a great knight." Mo would sing

As the lady showed her the king who she would be serving.

Yet, hatred reigned when the king made a blunder.

"Why do we have to kill?" Mo would say.

The king gave an answer that was far too tacky,

So she took the crown and made him pay.

She carved her fate as a King of Treachery

And turned herself into prey.

Even then, at her end, she was forever happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From there, the historian enthusiastically proposed a research study to uncover the rumors of unique stories being told by families in the United Kingdoms. The college administration accepted his topic of research and provided him with a two month-long trip to Britain. On arrival, he visited his benefactor and new friend, RansomKnight. RansomKnight was in fact an undergraduate college student of University of the West of England with the name Jon Pant. This was the same university where the original documents were first inspected and now sat in the university owned museum. Inside a café, the two individuals talked about the story mentioned in their posts.