Truth at Hogwarts [EDITED]

It took a long while to get started next morning. We were up at dawn, but somehow, we still seemed to have a great deal to do. Mum dashed about in a bad mood looking for spare socks and quills; people kept colliding on the stairs, half-dressed with bits of toast in their hands; and Dad nearly broke his neck, tripping over a stray chicken as he crossed the yard carrying Ginny's trunk to the car.

When at last we were all in the car, Mum glanced into the back seat, where Harry, Ron, Fred, George, and Percy were all sitting comfortably side by side. "Muggles do know more than we give them credit for, don't they?" she commented. Mum, Ginny, and I got into the front seat, which had been stretched so that it resembled a park bench. "I mean, you'd never know it was this roomy from the outside, would you?"

Dad started up the engine, and the car trundled out of the yard. We had to repeat the process three times, since George had forgotten his box of Filibuster fireworks, five minutes later Fred forgot his broomstick, and when we'd almost reached the highway Ginny shrieked that she'd left her diary.

By the time she had clambered back into the car, we were running very late, and tempers were running high. Dad glanced at his watch and then at Mum.

"Molly, dear-"

"No, Arthur-"

"No one would see-this little button here is an Invisibility Booster I installed- that'd get us up in the air-then we fly above the clouds. We'd be there in ten minutes, and no one would be any the wiser-"

"I said no, Arthur, not in broad daylight-"

We finally reached King's Cross at a quarter to eleven. Dad dashed across the road to get trolleys for their trunks, and we all hurried into the station. "Percy first," Mum looked nervously at the clock overhead, which showed we had only five minutes to disappear casually through the barrier.

Percy strode briskly forward and vanished. Dad went next; Fred and George followed. Ginny and I rushed through with our trunks. Fred and George helped pull the trunks onto the train, and we stepped into a compartment, collapsing in exhaustion.

A few minutes after the train pulled away from the station, the compartment door opened, and a long blonde haired girl stepped in. She was wearing a drop-waist dress with a funky striped design over a plaid button-up.

 She was wearing a drop-waist dress with a funky striped design over a plaid button-up

"Hello. May I join you?" She asked. Her voice was soft and fluttery, like the whispering wind singing.

"Sure. I'm Peyton, and this is my sister Ginny Weasley," I introduced.

"My name is Luna Lovegood," the girl said, pulling a copy of The Quibbler out of her bag and opening it. She started reading the book upside down but stopped after a second to glance at me. "You have a Wrackspurt."

I blink. "A what?"

"A Wrackspurt. They're invisible. They float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy. I thought I fell one zooming around in here," Luna said, returning to her newspaper.