War

3rd Person

There was a burst of light as Harry appeared. "He won," Ron cheered.

Harry was lying on the ground, one hand locked with Peyton, the other one on the Triwizard Cup. Harry was sweaty and exhausted, and Peyton was worse. Her shirt was soaked with blood, and her other hand was entangled with Cedric Diggory, who was staring blankly into the sky.

Dead.

Fleur let out a strangled scream, and Ginny ran from the stands, fighting to get to her sister. Fred, George, Bill, Percy, and Molly Weasley were right behind her, crowding around their daughter/sister in tears.

Albus Dumbledore pulled Harry up. "Harry! Harry!"

Harry's eyes flicked open, his hand still clinging to his sister tightly. He seized Dumbledore's wrist, dropping the cup. "He's back," Harry whispered. "He's back. Voldemort."

"What's going on? What's happened?" Cornelius Fudge came over, paling. "My God – Diggory!" he whispered. "Dumbledore – he's dead!"

The words were repeated, the shadowy figures pressing in on them gasped it to those around them ... and then others shouted it – screeched it – into the night – "He's dead!" "He's dead!" "Cedric Diggory! Dead!"

Harry was pulled away by Dumbledore, everyone shouting and screaming. Professor Moody pulled Harry out of the stadium, leading him back to the castle.

The Weasleys clung to Peyton miserably as their adopted sister/daughter fought to stay awake. Peyton whispered something to Ginny before her eyes flicked closed and Poppy Pomfrey declared her.

Dead.

Peyton's roommates, who had joined the Weasleys hovering by Peyton, gasped in horror, and Aubrey turned to cry into Kella's shoulder. Ginny Weasley pulled away, running out of the stadium towards the castle.

Peyton Potter-Weasley was dead, bleeding out from her wounds.

There was a flurry of movement as Matilda Covey pushed her way through the crowd of Weasleys, shoving Percy and Ron off. "Matilda -" Ron cried out, but the red haired girl ignored him, placing her hands on Peyton's chest and pressing down, counting under her breath.

"What are you doing?" Molly asked, but Matilda ignored her.

"...29...30." Matilda squeezed Peyton's nose, opened her mouth, and breathed in before resuming her previous movements.

"Miss Covey-" Pomfrey reached out, but Caridy Adams slapped her hand away. "Don't stop her."

Matilda breathed in Peyton's mouth and resumed pressing on her chest, and there was a gasp as Peyton coughed, blinking her eyes open. Matilda moved to make room for Pomfrey, who began casting healing spells on her quickly.

"Wha-What did you do?" Fudge asked.

Matilda used her a blood-stained hand to sweep her hair from her eyes. "Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It's a muggle technique for if someone isn't breathing properly or their heart has stopped," she explained.

Molly pulled away from her daughter to hug Matilda tightly. "Thank you."

Ginny

There was a burst of light, and the crowd gasped, getting to their feet as Harry landed in front of the maze. "He won!" Ron cheered. I grinned in excitement, looking down.

Hang on.

He wasn't alone. In one hand, Harry clutched the Triwizard Cup, and his other was locked with Peyton.