The Flight of the Fat Lady

A/N - this part switches perspectives a bit, but if at the start of parts it doesn't say whose perspective it will be Peyton's

The next day, what had happened in Lupin's class was fizzing round the school. Fred and George were joking about it, but it was annoying.

Luckily, as soon as people found out about Hogsmeade, my incident was forgotten. Harry didn't get to go, which was karma for him being an insufferable git. 

Halloween rolled around, which was exciting, but was quickly ruined by the twins when a prank went wrong and I was imprisoned in the tower for a week. 

"How much are you willing to bet Fred and George are planning something horrible?" Caridy asked. We were all curled up by the fire. Rebekah and Remus had found a way to let Bridget, Ellarose, Savannah, Ashley, MJ and Luna into the tower. Nobody bothered to ask, the siblings always gave vague unintelligible answers.

"They better not, McGonagall, Pomfrey, Mum and I already yelled at them for causing me to miss the feast. Well that was my concern, theirs was less selfish," I groaned. 

"How come only third-years and older get to go to Hogsmeade?" Nevaeh groaned, tossing a chocolate-covered macadamia into her mouth. 

"You lot could take the secret passage Fred and George used to sneak to Hogsmeade," I suggested, and they all shot up, looking at me. 

"Are you telling me there is a secret passage into Hogsmeade and you are only telling us now!" Savannah exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow.

"Can someone go grab the map? I'm not allowed to move," I sighed. 

Aubrey rolled her eyes before disappearing upstairs, returning a minute later with a piece of parchment clutched in her hand. The map is already unlocked: she must have unlocked it upstairs. The other girls look at the map excitedly. 

"Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs. Who are they?" Dove asked. Like her sister, Dove had relaxed herself without her parents around to critique her actions. Nevaeh, Remus and Dove became friends almost immediately, which their older sisters all took credit for. 

"Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black and James Potter," I answered, and my roommates wheeled on me. 

"You said you didn't know who they were!" Matilda gaped.

"Lily Potter wrote about the map and that stuff in one of her many diaries," I held up a red diary. Caridy snatched the book, and I laughed as the red-haired girl flicked through, read the pages. "I put a spell on the book. Only those related to me can read it." 

Caridy froze, and shut the book. Glancing at Ashley, she handed the book back. "That explains it," she chuckled, but it felt forced, empty. 

Dinner came quicker than I'd have liked. The group left, but Matilda and Kella promised to return straight away after collecting food. The others wanted to join, but the two girls insisted on them attending the feast. 

Waiting was annoying. I was sprawled across the couch reading for what felt like an age before the two returned, laden with food. 

We spent the evening gossiping and joking around. The sun had long set, and it was almost eleven.

"Where is everybody?" Kella asked, looking at the closed portrait. Matilda and I shrugged. Kella stood up and walked to the portrait. "I'm going to go find Aubrey and Ginny," Kella opened the portrait door and gasped. 

"What is it?" Matilda asked. We walked over to her, and gasped.

The Fat Lady had vanished from her portrait, which had been slashed so  viciously that strips of canvas littered the floor; great chunks of it  had been torn away completely.