30 - 𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"Didn't I tell you...not to assume?"

└─────────❍─────────┘

"Is there a problem between you and (F/n)-san?," Suguru inquired

"Is there a problem between you and (F/n)-san?," Suguru inquired. He had been noticing the changes lately. Before, Yume would always stick to you like a second skin. The two of you used to be inseparable.

"No, there's no problem with her." Yume turned to him and smiled. "It's me, rather."

The black-haired guy's head tilted in confusion. "(F/n) is reasonable. I don't know what happened, but I think you can fix it as long as you talk to her properly."

The smile on Yume's face remained as she sat down beside him and continued knitting a beige scarf. "I know."

"Then why don't you?"

"Because..." she trailed, tears filling her vision. She pulled the scarf higher, pretending to match it with the light. "There are some things better left unsaid."

Suguru's brows furrowed in confusion, but he did not pry since Yume seemed to avoid getting more into the details. "I didn't know you could knit. That looks nice."

Yume, appreciating Suguru's considerate gesture, grinned and nodded excitedly. Her eyes twinkled at the idea of finishing it sooner. "It's for (F/n). That girl always forgets to bring extra layers of clothes outside!"

"Still (F/n)-san, huh?," Suguru smirked wistfully, his tone ending on a bittersweet note.

Yume paused. "Well. She's... my best friend. Things like this don't change that fact." The girl sighed contentedly, trying to uphold her cheerful facade. "I can't help worrying about her every time. Will she be alright even if I'm not around? Things like that."

"You talk as if you're going to die," Suguru chuckled. "(F/n)-san is really independent. I think she'll be just fine, so don't worry."

A relieved giggle errupted from Yume's lips as she stood up, readying to leave. She held her hand up as a wave to Suguru. "See you around breakfast, Geto-san!"

"Sure." Suguru smiled. "Have a pleasant morning."

Yume left the patio with Suguru's words in mind.

She's independent, don't worry. Those words were the best and worst assurance she could get. You would be fine, even without her. Tears escaped her eyes as she took a step away.