16. Disappointment?

Rick Luther POV

Song-Shoutout X Blank Space(Remix)

"Finally I can relax" I sighed while crashing on the dining chair.

"men that girl really got on your nerve" Zack scoffed while tapping on the phone.

"I agree, but your situation is no different than his ....in fact, she wrecks your nerve more than his" Mike replied.

"I don't know what to say, she is different '' I cut Zack in mid "Weird, she is weird," I said with a slight smirk.

" Man, your smirk is telling me everything, you enjoy her company"I rolled my eyes because that's what Mike is good at in setting me up with any girl he likes being friends with. 

"Mike I know where you are taking this .....if you want to be friendly with her you can but don't drag me into this".

"No offense R but I agree with Mike, you indeed give her attention. I knew you for ages and you are the kind of person who opens his mouth when it is needed to or if it is a matter of life and death, but when you make conversation with Lora you are more than unusual ." I took a deep breath " is there any last wish you both have before living your soul out of this body" mike and zack both laughed by looking at my facial expression.

later our talking session was stopped in mid when my mother made her entrance into the dining area " More than me this home seems to be yours," she said to Mike and Zack and all they did was stare at her.

"Me and home doesn't suit together when they come out of your mouth, cause last time I saw you in this house was 2 weeks ago.  but what can I expect from someone who is drowned in the pile of money and fame by neglecting the life of her own kids . the glass of water she was drinking was stopped and an annoyed expression took over her face.

"hmm, Mrs. Luther good evening we are about to leave in just 2 min". I glared at Zack for leaving me alone in this whole situation.

"No, I still need 10 min . to complete this stuff " All eyes landed on Mike who was scribbling something in the notebook ....and we all moved close to him out of curiosity about what stuff made him more fascinated than me and my mother's argument.

"Isn't it Eve's homework," Mother asked with a frown and confusing eyes..... 

he nodded frantically and I grabbed his neck to stop his nodding." yeah she was tired so I was doing it on her behalf" She stared at him with no expression ...she stared, stared, stared, and finally spoke "I'm curious that either you're kind of stupid who got tricked by 5 yr. old kid or-"

"she is 6 yr old" I corrected her by gaining her scowl and mikes smirk."6 yr 4months" Mike corrected both of us by gaining my scowl but later it turned into a smile when my so-called oh-so-lovely-mother made her departure from the dining area.

"Now who tricked whom, "Mike said with a proud accent." Bro, don't wanna offend you but you are being tricked by her"Zack enlighted him and started caressing his hair with a pity gesture but Mike brush it off "No, I'm not," he said with a stiff expression.

"aww my poor Mikey got tricked by 6 yrs old kid," I said with a high pitch, and his hand got halted in mid of writing

"what you said to me right now" he stood from his chair"That you tricked by 6 yr old kid" I smirked because the fact that he was already pissed off was so hilarious "Not that R, before that"

Zack suddenly came in front of me with amusement dancing in his eyes." I...said poor...Mikey?" as I spoke those words again realization hit me back with a big thump

"Mikey!!!!,  exactly, only Flora called me by that name "Can't I kill him without letting the world know that he died

"you forgot Eve, she also calls you Mikey" Oh my god now I hate this name 

"Bro stop making excuses, the way you spoke in accent and pitch definitely seemed like you were trying to mimic that Dickson lady" Believe me whenever Zack joins the conversation with Mike it means that I'm already screwed up

there was silence for a few minutes I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard something from him which I knew already"Before you get more screwed up, you and her not gonna happen" and he left leaving me with an unknown feeling called disappointment.

disappointment? Me? really?