Chapter-7: Tangible Dreams and a Candlelit Dawn

Waking up and being surrounded by pitch blackness right after a dream that is rather bizarre than horrifying, however, isn't as nice.

He stares at the ceiling, or what he assumes to be the ceiling because he can't see a thing at the moment. He is still laid down on his back, breathing just a little heavily, and he feels like his feet and hands touched snow two seconds ago. He turns his head to the side to see the calico sleeping soundly, noticing her occasional ear twitches. He turns his head to the other side to see the wolf also sleeping quietly, sunk into the bean bag, looking rather small for a creature triple the size of a normal dog.

He reaches for his phone under the pillow first, and when he doesn't find it he moves to pat around the bedside table and finds it there. 2:56am; September 4, the phone flashes, brows scrunching and eyes burning as the bright blue rays of his lockscreen shines obtrusively on his face.

He then turns it off and goes back to staring at the ceiling that is a tad bit more visible, now that his eyes have gotten used to the dark. Releasing a deep exhale, he brings his right forearm up to rest it on his forehead, trying to recall the tangent dream sequence he just came out of.

Dreams are more often than not quite tangible for him; it isn't like watching a movie, it is more like being in the movie and experiencing every single thing— to physical sensations to vivid emotions.

This time, from what he remembers, the physical sensation was being slammed against the living room wall of his childhood rented house with his father, caused by the sudden burst of dusty wind from the neighbour's house exploding. He remembers asking his dad why it exploded as he tried to hug him out of fear, and the older man said something about how that house was built by an idiot while trying to get his son off of him— which he believed in the dream, but he knows better now, of course.

And the vivid emotions, from what he remembers, were fear, worry and confusion. Scared because of the loud, obnoxious bangs, worried for his grandmother who was nowhere to be found, confused because he and his dad were outside the house only two seconds ago before the explosion.

It's a strange dream, he thinks. Though it's even stranger that Jungkook doesn't exactly feel too bothered by it. On the contrary, he actually feels numb yet giddy by it, the floaty feeling from earlier also makes its presence known when he sits up cross-legged on the mattress.

Something about the feeling of being in the air while gravity plays its role makes him feel somewhat giddy, which is also why he enjoyed waking up right after his soul had plunged into his body from the sky earlier.

He has had many dreams like this before, though he only remembers a few. And oftentimes, he would remember certain bits that happened in the dream while doing certain things or when a particular event happens to him the following day.

But these types of dreams are rare nowadays, and this is the first vivid one he has had in a long while, the last dream he remembers being several months ago— that one had something to do with a random couple's anniversary of some sort, them going out at night only to be chased by stray dogs leading them to a car accident. Quite wild. And for whatever reason, he remembers being the girl in that dream, he even remembers how uncomfortable those damn red high-heels were.

As he lays down again to try and sleep, his mind zooms past blurry, unfinished thoughts and wanders to that one dream he had when he was three; the only dream he considers a nightmare.

His eyes are wide open and he is gently rocking himself while laying down as he thinks of that wicked nightmare, where he was just a little boy walking home with his parents on either side holding his tiny hands. But when he looked up at them, what he saw weren't his parents; they were monsters. Red faced, bloody fanged, ghost-like monsters.