Where it all began...

(💙💚Hailey's POV:💚💙)

*sigh*

The story of our music club.

Where do I even start?

I mean... We've come so far, been through so much!

From the very day when I had the vague idea to open a club, to now us, competing in this huge band competition, as ready for it as we could have ever been...

I guess I could just tell the story of my life, because this club basically is my life, at this point...

Or maybe.... I could start on the day I met Zander....? Or more generally, the day the whole "music thing" my father and I had, stopped being just a shared hobby, and became more of a family tradition...

But I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I?

First I have to explain how things were before everything happened, and what exactly happened as well...

~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~ ~—~—~

My mom was never too interested in the big passion for music that my father had, neither did she care that I inherited the liking.

Now, don't get me wrong, she was a really caring mother and she loved us both very, very much... at least at some point, i'm sure she did; but she was way too protective, it was her rules, or her rules. Always. She was against change, scared of things going the wrong way... I guess you could say I get my perfectionism from her, but that's not the point. The point is that her and my dad had very different points of view.

At first, it was nice, they complemented each other's person and had a very healthy relationship, but as I grew up, things started going downhill...

Arguments would break out, and fair decision making was never an option in our household, someone would always end up losing whether it was mom, dad, or me.

You see, both of my parents always wanted what was best for me, they supported me and cared for me, just as much as any normal parents would. All they wanted was for me to be happy... but, once again, they had very, very different definitions of "Happy".

My mom always had a very "by the book" plan of how she wanted my life to go, she taught me exactly what to do in certain life situations, and how 'not to mess things up', she wanted my life without any suffering, no twists or turns, no change... She wanted my life to be easy, but life isn't like that, something I'm sure both she and I had to learn the hard way. At first I was glad that she acted as a guide, as an example, I liked the idea of my life being easy, but I started realizing that the "easy life" had so many limitations and rules, that it wasn't even a life anymore, it was just..."easy". Too easy.

I started seeing my dad's version of happiness, as something much more appealing to what I wanted for my own life. He wanted me to follow my dreams and be free to do whatever I wanted. He told me to take risks and make the best of what I had, not to worry if the risk was big or small...

Now, let's be fair, sometimes taking big risks isn't a good idea, it's dangerous, but my dad wasn't really one to back off a challenge. In other words, he was (and honestly still is) likely to do something stupid and get in trouble.

But my mom was always there to help him think twice! She had more experience, or maybe more maturity, and that's what I mean when I say they complemented each other. There was a balance, but once one of them decided to take control, the balance was broken, and it seemed impossible to make it even again.