Aftermath...

(PreviouslyOnKCUndercover)

She stepped out of the house...

...And left.

At that moment I broke into tears again, not knowing what would be of me and my dad with her gone...

For the rest of that day I couldn't help but feel empty and sad. I told my dad I didn't feel well and I didn't go to school for a few days,

We were both destroyed...

==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ===

A month after her departure, I was having a fairly normal day at school when I suddenly got called to the principal's office, which never happened.

I was scared, but I had to go, so I built up my courage and stepped out of the classroom.

When I arrived at the main office, the secretary escorted me to the entrance, and to my surprise, my dad's car was parked there.

He looked overwhelmed with worry, which wasn't a good sign considering that he felt the need to pick me up in the middle of a school day. Something bad had happened.

I noticed there was a flower bouquet on the co-pilot seat.

"Daddy? What happened? Why are you picking me up?"

"I-its your mother, s-something happened to her, s-she's in the hospital and i don't know how much time she has left, we need to hurry"

..What?

'how much time she had left'?

Did that mean that she-?

Yes...

...It did.

Apparently, she had gotten into a terrible car crash while driving on alcohol, and once she was rushed to the hospital, someone, somehow found a way to contact us since we were still technically related to her...

And god bless that someone, cause i couldn't have lived with myself if i wasn't able to say goodbye once more...

I remember walking into the hospital room with the bouquet. I was trembling, but went into the room with the same courage as in the principal's office earlier. I recognized some of my family members, they all looked so sad, as if they had already lost her, but as soon as they saw me and my dad, the aura got even darker.

My great aunt was the first one to react and she pulled my dad into a hug, as she said "Micheal, I'm so, so sorry".

A shot of adrenaline crossed through my entire body, a kind of fear that I had never felt before... a thought that hadn't occurred to me yet.

Were...

...Were we too late?

I walked over to the bed where she was laying, my dad silently dragged a chair to the side of the bed, and carried me to sit on it so that I could see my mom, and talk to her.

She was still breathing, but just barely.

She was too weak to talk, but she managed to open her eyes.

She smiled when she saw me.

That's all I needed to understand that...

She was happy...

"Thank you mom, I love you"

"Goodbye..."

"...I hope you were happy" i smiled at her, trying to hold back tears.

I hugged her as well as I could from where I was sitting.

At that moment we were all asked to exit the room, I glanced back to look at her once more... that's when I noticed there was something in her hand...

It was my note.

And so...

She passed away in the hospital the next day.

==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ====

It took long for us to get over her passing...

It's been many years now, and i have learned that she already wanted us to move on without her, even before the accident. She wanted us to be happy, and so, we slowly, but surely moved on...

For most of what I remember of my childhood nowadays it was just my dad and me, those were just some of my most vibrant memories of her.

My dad never dated anybody in years, couldn't seem to cross with anyone that made him as happy as my mother once did.

It was like that for a while, until, well, y'know...

...The Wickham's came into play.