Chapter 3 - Earth Skills 1/2

The whole trip back was quick and quiet. We know we're not alone here now and the rest of camp needs to know, even if they're all bumbling idiots. We're still a few minutes from camp but we can hear everyone cheering. We go at a faster pace to stop whatever fight is happening. We enter the clearing to find everyone surrounding Wells and Murphy. Of course. Well rams into Murphy, hoping to get him off his feet.

"Wells, let him go!" Clarke yells from the trees.

We run over after everyone creates an opening for us, Wells and Murphy dispersing. Bellamy notices the makeshift bandage on Octavia's leg.

"Octavia are you alright?" He asks, stepping closer to her.

"Yeah I'm fine." She replies.

Bellamy also notices our empty hands, "where's the food?"

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather," Finn states.

Murmurs run through the crowd.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asks for the group.

"We were attacked," Clarke states.

More murmurs and gasps.

"Attacked?" Wells speaks up, "by what?"

"Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last Grounder." Finn states.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke raises her voice for an authoritative view.

"Yeah, bad news is, grounders will," Finn agrees.

"Where's the kid with goggles?" Wells asks.

"Jasper was hit. They took him," Clarke pauses, looking at Wells arm. "Where's your wristband?"

Wells gains his attitude again as he looks over to Bellamy and Murphy, "ask him."

Clarke walks up nice and personal, "how many?"

"24 and counting," Murphy spits.

I'm surprised that the number wasn't higher to be honest. When we were on The Ark in the Skybox, everyone had someone they wished would be floated.

"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there." Clarke motions to where we had run back from, "If you take off your wristbands, you're not just killing them. You're killing us!"

Bellamy takes a step, authority lacing his voice, "We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good." He points to Clarke, she looks to the ground, "How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The Grounders should worry about us!"

Everyone in camp begins to chant yeah and others are cheering saying "Go Bellamy!"

I cross my arms, he's acting weird about wanting the people to stay on the ground. He's hiding something.

"What should we do now?" Monty asks, getting closer to Clarke so he can be heard over the cheers.

"Now we go after Jasper," Clarke says.

---

I decide to lay down for a moment. I find a place not far from the dropship, the tree forms a nice hammock shape. I quickly climb up and relax. I need a few minutes before more crazy antics. Luckily, the spot I picked is pretty isolated. I close my eyes.