Chapter 10 - Twilight's Last Gleaming 2/2

We got a few people from camp to help us look around the lake for the radio, it's been a while but so far we've been unsuccessful. We told Bellamy to stay on land, he can't be trusted right now. I'm searching through the lake waters angrily. When I got back to camp, I had a few seconds before we left again and wanted to talk to Octavia but I couldn't find her. I'm hoping she was going on a walk or something. I look up from where I'm searching the water to Bellamy, he's looking at me. I instantly look back down. I really don't need to talk to him right now, I was already angry about earlier in the woods with him and Octavia. Adding the radio isn't helpful.

Suddenly, Jones screams, "Hey, I found it!"

We all go back to land to see the damage.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asks Raven.

"Maybe, but it'll take half the day just to dry out the components to see what's broken." Raven mumbles.

"Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy insists.

"Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?!" Clarke asks angrily.

"You asked me to help. I helped." Bellamy spits.

"Bellamy, stop it with the attitude, three hundred people are going to die to save your skin," I say with serious venom.

Bellamy looks at me with a pinch of guilt and sadness but all he can see from me is anger. I'm angry at him for the radio but I'm more angry at the fact that the common, working people have to be the ones floated. My mother should be in that list.

"Hold up. We don't have to talk to the Ark. We just have to let them know we're down here, right?" Raven says, a light bulb shining above her head.

Finn nods, "Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?"

Raven's light bulb shines brighter.

---

Raven's idea was simple, we build flares to send up into space to let the Ark know we're alive and they don't need to kill the civilians. When we all get back to camp, I walk up to Bellamy. He looks at me confused.

"We need to talk." I say.

Bellamy sighs, "Okay, let's talk."

I take Bellamy further into the woods. He crosses his arms.

"Bellamy what is going on with you?" I ask, "It's like you're going through a rebellious teen phase."

Bellamy chuckles, "I could say the same to you. You've been depressed since Charlotte died. I tried to comfort you and you've ignored me."

"At least I actually act like Charlotte ever existed!" I scream.

"I'm moving on!" He screams.

"Oh, so your idea of moving on is sleeping with every girl at camp?" I cross my arms.

He throws his arms up in frustration.

"What I do with my love life has nothing to do with you." Bellamy orders.

"It has something to do with me when the next second you're stealing our only way of communicating with the Ark!"

"Why do you even care," Bellamy angrily chuckles, "you said it yourself, there's nothing up there for you and when they come down, you're going to run."

He's right, I had thought about running, until that night in the cave with him and the night in my tent. I cross my arms, looking at the ground.

"Bellamy," I say. "Those people who are dying are innocent. Even if you didn't know, you should of thought before you acted."

"Sorry I'm not Mr. Perfect. Now, I'm going to go help the others with the flares," Bellamy says, "Once you're done with your temper tantrum, feel free to join."

Bellamy starts to walk away, but he stops, turning to face me, "Just so you know, I didn't throw the radio just for myself."

With that, Bellamy leaves me to think. I go to a nearby tree and slump down, putting my head in my hands. I feel like screaming. I don't know what to think. Bellamy is like a light switch, one day he's great, the next he's only looking out for himself. I bang my arm against the tree in frustration.

It doesn't take me that long after to realize the truth. I like Bellamy. I, once again, don't know what to think. So I just sit there, shocked out of my mind.

---

After about 30 minutes, I walked back into camp and helped Raven and Clarke build the flares, I was silent the whole time, still deep in thought. I mean it feels like a crime to like Bellamy, especially considering all that's happened. But, after a few hours we have the flares built and are ready to launch them. I still haven't seen Octavia in all the time I've been back and I'm starting to worry. After we gather everyone around the flares, we get ready for launch. I look behind me, Bellamy and Clarke are talking. Clarke looks at me while talking, then Bellamy looks at me, I look back ahead of me.

Raven steps forward, "Alright everyone!"

everyone cheers, hoping these flares work.

"It's time to release them!" Raven says.

Some kids step forward and light the flares, after a few seconds they shoot up into the sky. We all watch in awe at the sky. But deep down, we all have a quenching feeling in our stomach's, hoping we don't wake up to the bodies of three hundred people.

A/N: I know it's a small part 2 but It can be hard to evenly separate the episodes when some perspectives just have more of a role in an episode. Enjoy :)