Chapter 7 - Murphy's Law 1/2

The camp has been tirelessly working on building the wall around camp. Wells died due to a supposed Grounder attack while he was on watch. I am chopping off some wood, Charlotte is ready to help me carry it over to the guys working on the wall. As we hand it off, I look at my wrist where my wristband used to be. Monty tried removing it for communication but it died before he could do anything. I believe he's trying with Clarke's wristband as we work.

"Hey!" Murphy, like always, breaks me from my thoughts as he screams at Connors, "You think the Grounders are just gonna sit around, and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?"

Murphy motions to Charlotte and she looks scared.

"Buzz off Murphy." I say.

Ever since Atom died, Murphy thinks he's Bellamy's right hand man. Someone needs to give this absolute jerk a wake-up call.

"I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine." Connors says.

"Murphy, get this guy some water." Bellamy says, he then walks over to Charlotte as she tries to grab some wood, "Hey, you got this? I'm just kidding."

She smiles, finally getting some recognition for being older and stronger than people think.

"Uhh! What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?" I look over at Connors.

Murphy is pissing on Connors's jacket. I go to slap Murphy and Bellamy grabs my arm. He's enjoying the show.

"Let go of me Bellamy," I say as I jerk my arm back. "Murphy, stop being a dickhead."

Murphy laughs, "I've got a little fluid left if you want a new perfume."

"Murphy, I can only hope the grounders pick you for your next victim." I say.

I angrily look at Bellamy, waiting for him to say something to Bellamy. When he continues smiling about Murphy's actions, I decide to storm off.

I can hear Murphy behind me, "Sorry Bellamy, did I make your girlfriend mad?"

Suddenly, Octavia runs up to me, Jasper stumbles over.

"Em, we need to show Bellamy, Clarke, and you something."

I sigh, "You can get Bellamy, I'm angry at him. I'll meet you in Bellamy's tent."

A few minutes later, we're all in Bellamy's tent. I'm pretty sure Bellamy has the largest tent because everyone sees him as "leader." I have one as well, which allows Charlotte to sleep in my tree. She has fewer nightmares there. What Octavia and Jasper had to show us was a knife they had found outside camp. The one that had been used to kill Wells. They also found two of Wells' fingers. Clarke inspects the knife. I cross my arms.

"This knife was made using metal from the dropship," Clarke finally says.

"What do you mean?" Jasper asks, worried.

Clarke looks at both Octavia and Jasper, "Who else knows about this?"

Octavia responds, "No one, we brought it straight here."

Jasper looks more worried now that Clarke ignored him, "Clarke?"

Clarke looks at Jasper, "It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us."

Jasper panics, "So, there's a murderer in the camp?"

"There's more than one murderer in this camp." Bellamy says, I know this is a half dig at me, "This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." He says to Clarke.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." Clarke is in his face, trying to exit the tent.

"Clarke, be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved," Bellamy says, "the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us."