Chapter 9 - Twilight's Last Gleaming 1/2

I'm having even more trouble sleeping now. On top of my mom, I see Charlotte. She is pleading for me to save her, to help her. I can't go to her, I'm trapped in a box. I stay in my tent most of the time, not wanting to interact with anyone. I have nightmares where I can't tough it out. Octavia brings me food most days, she's the only comfort I can have.

I'm sitting in my tent, fumbling with my hands as I try to calm down after waking from another Charlotte nightmare. I hear commotion outside, coming from the delinquents. When I exit my tent, I see everyone looking to the sky in amazement.

One person shouts to Bellamy's tent, "Bellamy, get out here,"

He exits shirtless and with two girls, when he notices me, I look away. We haven't talked much since the night in my tent. I definitely feel a pang of jealousy seeing him with two other girls but it's not my place to judge. It's not like we're actually dating or really at any kind of stage. Even so, my blood slightly boils.

In the sky, is a ship coming down from space, from the Ark.

I hear Jones, "They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass."

I hear another person agree.

Roma, one of Bellamy's girls, says, "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

A second later, some of Bellamy's kids, Octavia, Bellamy, and I are in Bellamy's tent.

"If it cleared the ridge then it's probably near the lake." One kid says.

The grounders might already be on the move over there, the advantage would be heading over now, and quickly.

"We should get moving." Octavia looks over to Bellamy, "Everyone's ready."

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark it isn't safe. We'll head out at first light; pass the word." Bellamy says as he goes to exit the tent.

Octavia gets in Bellamy's way of exiting the tent, "Everyone for a hundred miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now."

"Octavia's right," I agree.

Bellamy looks at us both with a hard look, "I said we wait till sunrise." and he leaves.

"Bellamy is going to that pod," I say.

Octavia looks at me and we both storm out that tent, getting ready to stop Bellamy.

After a few minutes we catch up with Bellamy in the forest, Octavia is angry now.

"Bellamy! What are you doing?" She storms up to him.

I follow behind.

"Go back to camp. It isn't safe." Bellamy insists.

"You lied to everyone. You lied to me. You just want whatever's in that pod." Octavia screams.

The pod might contain a radio which leaves communication to the Ark a viable option. Bellamy can't have that for whatever reason.

"Just go home!" Bellamy shoves Octavia.

"Bellamy, stop!" I scream.

"No, don't start going around thinking you can boss me around. You've spent the past few days moping around your tent." Bellamy gets in my face screaming, "Charlotte's dead, move on! The rest of us did."

I'm shocked at his words. They came out of nowhere.

"Fuck off," Is all I say before I run back to camp.

When I get back I see Clarke and Finn and run up to them.

"Where did you go?" Clarke asks.

"Bellamy's going for that pod's radio," I say, "right now."