Chapter 15 - Day Trip 1/2

I haven't tried to go in the dropship since I woke up there. I've avoided Bellamy in every way possible. He tries to talk to me but all I can do is walk away. I'm afraid. Now that we have communication with the Ark, they are scheduling meetings with parents. Some of us have to break the news to other parents. Clarke had come up and asked me if I wanted to talk to my mom, I told her no. I don't want to talk or see my mom. I had held onto some hope she was one of the 300, knowing she's alive is making the sacrifice worse. Clarke is currently in a meeting with Jaha and the other council members. Other kids are preparing for winter, we're starting early since it'll be a while until the Ark comes down. We have started getting rations of nuts and berries and we have a smokehouse for meat now.

I'm outside camp, practicing. I've gotten better, now I almost never miss. I decide to stop for an hour, take a break and grab something to eat. I haven't eaten all day. I enter camp and walk over to where Monty and Jasper are portioning the rations.

"Hey guys," I say, grabbing a ration.

"Hey Emery, still practicing to the death?" Monty asks, taking some nuts and putting them in a ration container.

"You know it." I say. "How's rationing?"

"We've never had a better job," Jasper jokes, then gets serious, he looks to the drop ship, "What do you think they're gonna do with the Grounder?"

I look over at the drop ship, Bellamy is exiting it. I look back at them both.

"I'd rather not think about it." Monty concludes.

"Well, it's been days since Bellamy captured him. How long till his friends come looking?" Jasper asks, worry coating his face.

"Don't worry Jasper," I say jokingly, "If that happens, you'll have another shot at playing hero."

"Anyways, cheer up. In that time, we'll all be dead from hypothermia." Monty jokes.

Monty pops a nut in his mouth and gets ready to throw a nut in Jasper's mouth. He shoots and he scores.

"Hey, hey hey." Jasper says.

Monty and Jasper both start doing a handshake.

"Impressive guys," I chuckle, eating a nut.

"What's so funny?" I hear Bellamy say behind me.

I straighten my face, facing Bellamy. Clarke is next to him. Bellamy starts taking rations, he takes around 20. 

"That's a lot of rations. You realize this is a day trip." Clarke warns as she sees him taking them.

Bellamy looks at me for a split second before looking at Clarke, "A lot can happen in a day."

Bellamy leaves. Clarke pulls me off to the side.

"You seem extra cheery." Clarke says.

"I don't know how much more cheery I can get after aggressively puking to watching him torture a guy." I spit.

"Alright, you're mad at me as well," Clarke admits, "Look, Jaha informed me of a supply depot not far from here. I need you to come with me."

"I'm in," I say, "It'll give Bellamy a reason to use more of those rations."

Clarke and I join Bellamy at the gate.

"Why's she joining?" Bellamy asks.

"I asked for her." Clarke says.

Bellamy decides to dismiss it. We all leave.

After a few hours of hiking, we're not far. Clarke decides to strike up conversation.