Chapter 11 - His Sister's Keeper 1/2

Everyone is back to doing their own things, but we still all have that gut feeling of worry. I decide that instead of moping around in my tent or sleeping it'll be better for me to get some target practice. I've gotten good with the bow, I think my main motivation is that I don't want to miss again. I am ready to fire an arrow into a tree when Clarke comes running, I let go of the arrow and barely miss the target.

"Nice shot," Clarke says, I can see worry lining her face.

"Thanks," I put my bow away, "What's wrong?"

Clarke sighs, "Octavia is missing."

I feel shock, I still hadn't seen her in this time and had started getting worried but I felt as though I was getting paranoid. I know Octavia can usually handle her own.

Bellamy calls everyone to a meeting. He starts passing out weapons. I'm standing next to Clarke and Jasper. Jasper had decided he wanted to join us as well.

"Hey, everybody, gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her." Bellamy orders.

Jasper picks up a gun, looking at it uneasily. He still hasn't left camp since the first day.

"Hey, Jasper, you don't have to do this. You haven't left camp since we brought you back." Clarke comforts.

"No Clarke," Jasper says looking more brave than before, "I need to do this."

"We need all the people we can get." Bellamy says to Clarke, "We need a tracker." Bellamy raises his voice so Finn can hear him, "Finn. Get out here."

While we wait for Finn and everyone else grabs weapons, I take my bow out, making sure that I have enough arrows. I have 30 arrows currently, I've learned how to make arrows as well, it's not the best but they'll hold. I put my quiver and bow back. 

"Finn, we're leaving," Bellamy yells one more time.

"All right. I'm coming." Finn says as he exits the tent.

I look up at the sky one more time, trying to see if we see anything. I notice a lot of other kids looking at the sky. Suddenly, a meteor shower starts.

"Guys, guys. Come here!" Someone says with excitement.

"What is that? So bright." Another says.

By now, everyone is looking at the sky.

"Did you see that? Look up there. It's so beautiful." someone else says with awe.

"They didn't work. They didn't see the flares." Raven says from behind me.

I realize what she's saying, I put my hand up to mouth in shock. Those are the three hundred dead bodies. They didn't get our message and killed three hundred people.

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asks, not getting the picture.

"It's not a meteor shower, it's a funeral. Hundreds of bodies being returned to the earth from the ark. This is what it looks like from the other side." Clarke turns to face Raven, "They didn't get our message."

Raven angrily storms over to Bellamy, "This is all because you trashed my radio."

"Raven," I say, shock still coating my voice, "He made that mistake and now," I motion my hand to the sky, "He gets to live with it."

"All I know is that my sister is out there and I'm gonna find her." Bellamy says to Raven, he turns to Finn, "You coming or what?"

Finn stifles a "Yeah."

"What are we waiting for? Move out!" Bellamy announces to the whole camp.

We all leave, ready to search for Octavia.