Chapter 20 - I am Become Death 2/2

When I wake up, it's like I'm suffering from a hangover. I feel tired, drained, and gross. I notice that I'm in a hammock. I look around the drop ship, Clarke is helping another kid... carry a body. I try to sit up but I feel it rising in my throat again, two seconds later, I'm puking on the floor. It burns my throat as the red spills out.

"Hey," I hear Murphy groan from the other hammock, "I'm trying to sleep."

I wipe my mouth as I respond, "It's not like any of us can control it, murderer."

Murphy scoffs, "She jumped herself."

I grit my teeth before responding, "You brought a knife to my throat, you threatened to slit my throat if she didn't come with you to die. She was just a kid, and you're just a monster."

Murphy laughs, "This isn't the Ark anymore, sweetheart. Anyways, at least I was able to get someone to die."

If I wasn't so sick I'd jump, claw, and kill him in one second. A second later, Finn and Octavia come rushing through the drop ship. Finn is carrying Clarke. Finn sets Clarke down on a hammock and Octavia notices me.

"Oh my god," Octavia says as she walks over, "I'm so happy you're awake."

"Hi O," I say with a weak smile, "How are you?"

"Possibly immune?" She says, "I'm sorry."

I slightly laugh, "It's okay. What about Bellamy?"

"He was so worried when you passed out, he didn't want to leave your side," Octavia explains, "Clarke had to force him out the drop ship. No symptoms yet."

I laugh as I realize, he does care. I look back over to Clarke and Finn, "Is Clarke okay?"

"She's fine," Octavia says, "Just working herself to death."

Finn looks over to Octavia, "What else did Lincoln tell you?"

I realize I have missed a lot due to this virus, "You went to Lincoln's?"

Octavia answers me first, "Yes," then turns to Finn, "He said the virus doesn't last long."

"It's true," Murphy chimes in, "I feel better."

I roll my eyes, "Great, the amazing Murphy is all better, why don't you go back to killing children?"

Clarke practically mumbles as she speaks to Finn, she tries to sit up, "They need to stay hydrated."

Finn pushes her back down gently, "You need to stay hydrated. We can take care of them."

Octavia speaks, "I'll take care of them, Clarke, don't worry."

"I'll help too," Murphy says.

I sit up in my hammock, "And if I start feeling any better I'll help too. I just wish there was some quicker alternative so we can be ready to fight against the grounders."

Finn is thinking what I'm saying through, "We just need to slow them down."

Clarke lays down to rest and Finn leaves the drop ship. I look to Octavia as she turns to help other sick delinquents. Murphy gets up as well. I sit back down in my hammock.

A few minutes later, Murphy comes by with some water for me.

"Here," he says handing it to me.

"What'd you do?" I ask, taking it, "Poison it?"

"Let it go your majesty," Murphy barks, "The girl's dead, nothing we can do to change that."

I take a sip of the water and hand it back to him. He walks away to help the others, I lay down in my hammock.