Chapter 4 - Earth Skills 2/2

I notice someone walking alongside me.

"Can I help you Bellamy?" I ask, not wanting to look at him.

"I can't help but notice that you also still have your wristband." He says.

I put my hands in my jacket pockets, "That's your motive for everything."

The only reason he came along wasn't to help Jasper, he could care less. He just wants to force Clarke and I to remove our wristbands.

I turn my head to face Bellamy, "Look, just as Clarke said. I'm not removing mine. When I die, this will die." I pull my arm up.

"Why?" Bellamy looks confused, "Why do you want your mother to come down?"

I look ahead of me, "Who said I was staying to see the Ark come down?"

Bellamy looks at me, "You're going to leave."

I laugh, "That's only if we can get in contact with them. They would never risk coming down without radio proof. Probably think the working wristbands are defective and we're all dead to radiation." I look over to Bellamy, "Why are you so interested in me? It's like you can't let me go."

Bellamy quickens his pace, leaving me without an answer.

---

After a while, we're walking along a river. Finn and Clarke had found a giant spill of blood. It was recent, so we began following it.

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy asks

Finn almost looks like a dog as he gets on his knees and get up close and personal with the blood spills.

"We don't." Bellamy shrugs, "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

Wells, of course, has to fire back, "It's called a cutting sign. Fourth-year earth skills. He's good."

I can only roll my eyes. In the Sky Box, we all had been assigned a class that taught us how to survive on Earth. It was weird at the time, but of course we know the reason for preparation. Safe to say, the people who paid attention are Finn, Clarke, a few others, and I. The guards did nothing to make the delinquents listen. I put my hands in my jacket pockets again, it seems to be comfort at this point, all the guards would let me wear in my cell was a plain gray shirt.

Finn looks back to the group angrily, "You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?"

Finn gets up, continuing to follow the trail, Clarke following close behind.

Bellamy hits Wells in the shoulder before leaning in and whispering, "See? You're invisible."

We all continue following the trail, all of the sudden I hear a very distant sound, it's not leaves ruffling.

"Guys, stop." I put my hand in front of Bellamy and Murphy.

Everyone looks at me confused. I look around the forest, trying to figure out the sound.

The sound echoes through the forest, crying out.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy stupidly asks.

I instantly know what it is in the silence, it's Jasper. I run through the trees, everyone following me. We follow the moans, which lead us to a clearing. It's a small clearing with tons of tall grass but, across the clearing, we finally see Jasper. He's on display on a wooden pillar, he's very bruised and battered, but alive. I let go of a breath I had been holding.

Everyone looks horrified, Clarke is the first to speak, "Jasper. Oh my god."

Clarke begins running the clearing.