Chapter 1.

I never knew my dad was a Drug Lord. Mom only told me after he passed, only reason she did that was because I inherited all his stuff. Ironically I smoked weed, it calmed me down, helped me sleep. Dad left me a switchblade with our initials carved into the wood part, if someone saw those initials they ran, well at least for the first few years after my dads death.

I'm on my BMX on my way to Jk a nickname of course (he got a lot of black eyes for making jokes) mom said he was dads youngest drug dealer. He was 16 when dad found him so he hung out around our apartment a lot. If anyone wants to know anything about me they could ask Jk, he's like a brother but he's also my dealer, only person I can trust to sell me drugs.

It's sunset once I get to Jk. "Jk!! Get down here!" Door flys open, keys rattling on the gate. "whatcha want Jess? And why the fuck you yellin?" I can barely see him but I can tell he has a black eye. "I heard you got jumped." He looks at me, at my bruisd knuckles and says, "yeah some punk ass mother fucker jumped me n Mouse, they had metal bats, stole a few shit but nothing we can't handle" there's a cut above his eyebrow, no way they only had 'metal bats'."Do you have my weed and cocaine?" He throws me a black plastic bag over the fence. "Yeh, now get the fuck away from here this ain't no place for a kid" I chuckle "we both know I'm not close to a kid, plus you just gave me drugs". He gestures that I should leave "get going, Jess" I'm instantly annoyed "ciao" I say angrily getting on my bike.

I hear the loud music from a block away. At this time it's already dark. I put my BMX up on the porch and head in. "Someone say drugs?" Toni sees me (a friend since I was 8, our dads were semi-partners) "Gimme the goods!! What took you so long?" I pull her outside "Jk got jumped and I reckon it was Aiden and his drug addict friends, so I stopped by Aidens place and confronted him and told him to leave Jk and Mouse alone, he didn't really listen to me until I told him my uncle is coming to town" she looks at me with a surprised face "why the fuck do you care?? You don't even like drugs instead that fucking blunt your always sucking on" I give her the bag and get on my BMX "Jk is like a brother but I guess your right, I don't give a fuck about drug dealers. Guess I'll be on my way" I turn to leave "ugggghhhh don't leave, you know I hate smoking alone" I smirk "ookkkaaaayyy" she grabs my hand and pulls me through the busy place I press my ears shut, I hate music, always have.

*a few hours later*

I can barely keep my eyes open but I'm able to see a clock. I can barely see it but when I steadied myself I could see that it's 1:38am."aww shit Toni!" I sigh, I search the room for her and I see she's making out with a dude on the couch. "Toni" I lazily say "I'm going home dude" she looks at me "aight then, you better get me some weed tomorrow." I look at her slowly raising my hand to show fuck you "I'm not your delivery boy" She looks at me and chuckles "you know I can't ask my dad or his dealers" I roll my eyes and head outside

On my bike I can barely keep my bike straight. I hear rustling at a couple trash cans. I try and focus but I can't see anything since the trash cans are behind the street light. I throw down my bike and pull out my switchblade and I slowly walk up to the trash cans. A dark figure is holding a person's mouth shut and trying to pin them down, I can hear them struggling
I stab my switchblade into the guys back and twist it "AAUUUUGGHH" I hear the man groan, he turns around looks at me, looks at my switchblade and begins begging "please, I didn't do nothing" he's on his knees and I can see a girl crying behind him." What the fuck did you plan on doing?!" He pulls my leg out from under me and I trip, he beats my face into the ground, steals my switchblade and runs away. I lay on the sidewalk in defeat and then I sigh heavily and try to get back up. The girl is still there, just standing and looking at me. I'm on my feet barely keeping balance trying to stop my bloody nose when she suddenly pulls me into a hug and says "Thank you! You saved me, I don't even wanna think of all the bad stuff he could've done to me" she sniffs and releases me. "What are you doing out on the street at 2am??" She looks surprised but answers "I was at a party and I lost track of time" I look at her confused "that party up the street??" I gesture back to Toni's "yeah!" She says. I look her up and down she's wearing a pink pastel crop top with torn sleeves, shining white Nike's and black sweatpants, long curly brown hair, she didn't look like anyone in the town. "I haven't seen you around, you new?"I walk over to my BMX. "Yeah me and my mom moved here this weekend, but that doesn't matter right now, your nose is bleeding!" I barely noticed, I wipe my nose with my shirt and say "Heh, it's nothing, you need a ride?"

She hops on and I ask her "where do you live?" I struggle to maintain both our weights on my small bike but she answers "I'm not sure of the street name but theres a dollar store right across it." Benny's I assume and speed up. She gestures to a gate and tells me to stop there. "Thank you for saving me, is there anything I can do in return?" I look her up and down one more time and I chuckle "take me on a date" I wink at her she laughs "flirting with a bloody nose? Never seen that before, I'm going to the local high school I can't exactly remember the name but I'll see if I can find you there." I ignore her bloody nose joke and can't help but think that she didn't answer my question "I'll pick you up tomorrow? We can chat a little more on our way to school." She looks at my bike "you taking me to school on that thing?" She's smiling, what a beautiful smile I think. "Who said I don't have a car?" I don't, dad left me little money and I had to pay the rent. "Just assumed, I have a bike you know." She gestures to the garage, "ok I'll swing by tomorrow and I don't have a car by the way" she giggles and waves goodbye.

While riding home my brain can't seem to stop thinking about her and her beautiful smile and contagious laugh that's when I realized I didn't ask her for her name.