3. Dominik

If one of our subs ever came home this drunk, they'd be over my knee first thing in the morning when their sound of mind. Ava told me a lot about her friend Callie earlier this week when she found out I was coming down for the family barbeque, saying our lifestyle will do her some good.

From what I heard; Callie doesn't have a very good support system. No one to point her in the right direction or hold her accountable when she doesn't make the right decisions. Apparently, she's impulsive and chaotic and I think I've just seen a glimpse of that tonight.  I can defiantly agree with Ava on one thing though, she's absolutely gorgeous.

I laid in bed, debating on texting Dean about what I thought and saw tonight. Ava also informed Dean about all this over the phone. He wasn't able to make it down tonight, so he's supposed to be arriving around midday tomorrow. I figure since he has to ride out early tomorrow, he would already be in bed. I don't sleep much at night, so my only hope was staring at the ceiling,

After what seemed like hours of watching the ceiling melt away, I get up to get a glass of water. I've stayed in this house many times but that doesn't help how erry it feels at night. It doesn't help that this place has at least half a dozen empty rooms and long hallways that seem to go on forever.

I get halfway down the hallway before I hear tiny footsteps coming from the opposite direction. Thinking it was just ava, I carry on. To my surprise, I see a sleepy Callie filling up her glass from the tap.

"Nice to see you so coherent this time," I speak softly but still ended up startling her.

"Oh shit," She squeaks quietly. "You scared me." She breathes holding up her hand to her heart. "What'd you just say?" She says with a little attitude in her tone.

"Sorry." I apologized as I reach up in the cupboard for a glass. "I said it's nice to see you coherent this time," I repeat despite her scowling eyes staring at me. I laugh, inwardly. That scowl doesn't impress me in the slightest, little brat.

"What's that supposed to mean?"  She says as her hand finds her hip. She's a fiery little thing, isn't she?

"It means I carried you to bed a little over an hour ago or so,"  I say, cocking an eyebrow at her.

She recoils, standing up straight. "Oh, well thank you." She says sheepishly. Oh? She has a shy side now.

"So, is that an everyday occurrence?" I asked leaning up against the counter and taking a sip from my water.

"Is what?' She counters, doing the same as I do with her glass.

"The drinking? And whatever else you were on?"

She leans back, putting her glass on the counter and folding her arms over her chest. She is getting defensive now, which tells me all I need to know. "I just came down to get water. I think I'll be going back to bed now."

I nod, standing up straight from the counter.  "Goodnight, Callie."

"Goodnight," She whispers back as she walks down the hall with her cup of water in hand. I stand there for a  moment, listening to her little footsteps patter against the hardwood floor.