18. Callie

"Since we last spoke and gave you a chance to think things over, have you changed your mind at all?" Dean asks after Dominik just listed off some of the rules they'll have me follow.

I shake my head, not letting myself think too much about it. Most of these rules are for my own good and are pretty logical. Some are not as well but I decided I'd ask about them later. I'm still wondering what happens if I mess up though. "No. I haven't changed my mind." I reiterate, remembering what Dean said about verbal answers the other day.

"Good. Wanna ask the question you asked me in the car, Cal?" God. I hated him. It's like he's trying to embarrass me. I know he probably wasn't since he did say we'd have that conversation with Dominik and I guess that's what we're doing now.

"I asked what happens if I mess up?"

"You get punished," Dominik says, exactly how Dean said it in the car.

"I know but how?" I ask, my voice timid.

"Well I could take you over my knee for one," Dominik says smugly. God, why'd I feel excited over that, or maybe it was just the look on his face when he said it? Either way, I'm intrigued. "Or we could ground you. Tonight when I drop you off at Ava's, I'll give you a contract that you can look over and read. You can read all about it." He smirks. "You'll have to sign it before we can get into anything real.

I understood what he was saying. Before we can get into the relationship part of our relationship, I need to be caught up with everything. This seems like a punishment in itself, since all I could think about while staring at these two, is I weirdly just wanna be close to them. "I understand." I nod.

"Good. Are you ready to head over to Ava's?" Dominik asks, standing up and grabbing his keys off the hook next to the door.

"You're taking me?" I asked, surprised since earlier Dean said he'd drop me off. Something about being in the car alone with Dominik made me nervous.

"Yes. Is that a problem?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I shake my head while getting up from the couch to grab my book bag.

"Bye Dean," I say waving at him before we walk towards the front door.

"Bye Callie." He says with a smile. "I'll see you tomorrow after school, okay?"

I guess that's going to be a thing now after school? I mean I guess it makes sense just until I get back on track. Dominik does the same as Dean did and opens the passenger door for me to hop in. I wasn't sure how this car ride would go.

"Callie, you don't have to be so tense around me," Dominik says breaking the silence. "Believe it or not, I do care for you and would like to get to know you better."

"Yeah, I know. It's just hard for me." I finally admit. "Hard for me in general to open up and it's also hard to know how to act around you two." I express quickly, afraid if I slowed down I might not be able to get it out. I take a breath, not realizing I hadn't taken one while I was explaining.

Dominik looks over at me as he stopped at a red light. "Hey." He says, taking my hand off my thigh and holding it in his. "We're in this together, okay? I know it might be confusing at times but Dean and I will help you figure it out, okay? I understand it's not in your norm to express things freely but for this to work, there has to be communication. Just don't shut down on us again when you are confused or frustrated, alright? Just ask us whatever you want to know." He says, squeezing my hand and showing me a slight smile.

"Alright, yeah. Thank you." I say, returning the squeeze back to him. The way he explained that to me actually helped me a lot.

"We're in this together, Cal." He reiterates.

For the rest of the car ride, his hand remains holding mine. Which on the inside I was kinda freaking out over. After days of staring at this handsome man, I finally feel somewhat close to him. But on the outside, I really tried to pretend not to care.

Once we drive up to Ava's, he gets out of the car and opens my door for me. Ava's on the porch waiting, probably since I texted her that I was heading over.

"Hey!" She says while heading towards us. "Get any homework done?" She says in a sarcastic tone, wiggling her eyebrows like she implying something else. I just roll my eyes at her while Dominik opens the back doors of the car.

"Yes, she did. And next time, let Callie do her own work, okay?" He says handing Ava's binder back to her.

"Right. Okay, got it!" Ava says, grabbing her binder from him.

Dominik turns towards me, running his hand up my arm. Which undoubtedly gave me goosebumps. Something about their touch is different from anyone else. I don't despise it. "I'll see you tomorrow." He says, squeezing my arm and flashing me a sincere smile. "Dean will pick you up from school again. Try to get some more of your homework done and if you have a chance read over the contract I gave you. I slipped it into your binder. Alone preferable, okay?"

"Okay." I nod, my words barely coming out in a whisper. He gently pulls me forward to plant a kiss on my forehead, which stunned me. "Have a goodnight Cal. Bye, Ava." He says turning to get back into his car.

I stand there a second, too stunned to speak. How can something so little as a forehead kiss make me feel so much? Surprised I didn't hate it but honestly, from the moment I laid eyes on him, I knew I would never hate anything he could do.

"Earth to Callie," Ava says waving her hand in front of my face. "Let's get inside, lovebird. It's cold." She says with amusement laced in her voice.