19. Dean/ Callie

To everyone who reads; I'm by no means a professional. This book is just for fun so don't judged to harshly! I'm also having writers block right now. So let me know if you guy want me to continue this story! Ty!
-
I watch over Callie as she sleeps beside me on the couch. After dinner and her homework, we waited in the living room for Nik to come home. He had a late night at work and Callie didn't want to leave without him. He's been taking her to Ava's every night and I think it's their time to bond.

Callie stirs as the front door opens but doesn't wake. This makes me wonder how much sleep she's been getting at Ava's since she's completely knocked out at seven o'clock. Nik walks in, taking his jacket off and setting down his keys.

"She's asleep," I say, whispering as he looks around for Cal. He seems to let out a breath of relief as he leans over the couch to see that she's still here. "Don't worry. She didn't want to leave without you."

"I'm glad," he says sitting down on the couch opposite of us. "How was dinner?"

"It was good. Had a few questions about the contract but I told her we'd talk about it later. She did homework for a while and then passed out waiting for you." I explained. "Which reminds me, we need to ask her how much she's been sleeping over at Ava's. She's oddly tired at seven."

"I'll ask her on the way home. Let her sleep a little more, I have stuff to take care of in my office." He says, getting up with one more look at the beautiful sleeping girl next to me and walks off.

I sat there for a while, still working on my laptop finishing the work I have left over from taking off early to pick up Cal these last few weeks. Since we met Callie and she's agreed to be our submissive, Nik and I decided that I would take off early to take care of anything Callie needs after school and finish my work here at home while Nik takes care of the rest after he gets home.

After another half an hour, she stretches out rubbing her eyes open. "Hey, Sleepyhead." She groans turning over on the couch. She's silent for a while, taking her time to wake up. "What time is it?" She mumbles.

"Just a little after eight," I answer. She stretches again, putting her feet across my legs.

"Where Dominik?" She asks, covering her mouth as she yawns.

"Just up in his office. Once you wake up some, I'm sure he'd love to see you."

"Or he just wants to take me home?" She says grumpily. Something I've noticed about Callie is that she doubts herself and the people around her quite a bit. No matter what we say, she always seconds guesses it.

"Like I just said, Cal, he'd love to see you," I say a bit more matter-of-fact. "Now up you go!" I say, gently pushing her legs off me. She lazily gets up and walks toward his office. Lightly knocking on the door. I hear him yell out that it's open and she disappears behind the door.
-
Callie's POV

I do as Dean says and walks toward Dominik's Office. Lightly knocking on the door.

"It's open!" He yells, letting me know it's safe to come in.

"Hi," I whisper, making him look up from behind his laptop. He takes his glasses off and set them on his desk, smiling up at me. How gorgeous could this guy be?

"Hello, sleepyhead. How'd you sleep?"

I smile back at him sheepishly. "It was good. Needed it."

As the words left my mouth, he motions me to come over. Scooting his chair out for me to come around and stand in front of him. To my surprise, he motions me to sit in his lap. That's new but very inviting. When I hop up, his arms come to wrap around my waist. This is all so new but I'm not hating it. Absolutely not hating it. I've been dying to be this close to him for some while now.

"How've you been sleeping at Ava's?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at me. Shit. I may or may not have been spending a little overtime trying to get my homework done and from the looks of it, if I tell him that he's not going to be very happy about it. But if I lie to him, he also not going to be very happy about it. But how would he find out if I lied about it? Something tells me he'd find out or would just straight up know. I have a feeling he's good at that. So instead, I decided to answer truthfully.

I shrug. "Good, I guess. I have been trying to get some extra homework done while I'm there though."

He let out of sigh, which instantly makes me feel like he's disappointed in me. Shit. I feel myself tense up but when I do he tightens his arms around me, which puts me at ease. "Cal, when we said we want you to do good in school, we didn't mean overwork yourself. We just meant we need you to try and put in some effort. Yes, get your grades up but don't strain yourself."

"Yes, but I'm so close to getting all my missing assignments in and I just want it to be over with," I explain.

"Why is that?"

"I don't know. I guess 'cause I know it'll make you guys happy." I admit, not only to him but I guess myself.

There's a small smile that comes across his lips and I have to resist the urge to touch it. "I'm happy that you want to make us happy but that can't be at the stake of your well-being." He explains. "So let's say this, a bedtime."

"A bedtime??" I exclude.

"Yes, a bedtime. Since you can't be trusted to get yourself in bed at a reasonable time. I'd say 10:30. What do you think about that?"

"I do not need a bedtime!" I say, a little more aggressively then I meant to, all while crossing my arms over my chest.

A smirk comes across his lips while his fingers lift to my lips, tracing the shape of them. "A bit bratty don't you think?"

"I'm sorry." I sigh, letting my arms fall to my side. "But I'm eighteen years old, I don't need a bedtime."

"The fact that you're knocked out at seven tells me otherwise. Let's compromise, yeah?"

"Only if compromising means no bedtime, then sure." I push, maybe a little too far because of the scowl that spreads across his face after I said it.

"Callie." He warns. "I said we'd compromise. Don't push your luck."

I stare into his eyes, seeing if there was any way I would get out of having a ridiculous bedtime but I could tell he wasn't going to back down. I sigh, deciding it wasn't worth the fight. I have been tired lately but that doesn't mean I want to have a bedtime like a twelve-year-old child. "Fine," I say, letting out a breath and leaning back into him. Resting my head down on his shoulder, which I hope he doesn't mind.

It doesn't seem like he does since he squeezes his arms around me once before going on to explain. "Let's say eleven on weeks days and twelve on weekends? Sound good? Also no homework after ten, okay?"

I hum in response, feeling overly relaxed in his arms. He hums in response, waiting for me to respond verbally. "Yes, that sounds good," I mumble, feeling my eyes close with heaviness.