Yule Ball

After two days Harry was discharged from the hospital wing by Madam Pompfrey with a list of do's and don'ts and a lot of instructions to take his potions on time.

Harry was warmly welcomed by his Slytherin's though same can't be said for the other houses,the other houses were offcourse supporting Cedric,simple reason because he was a Slytherin and they are slimy snakes good for nothing,he didn't mind it at all,he was quite content with the support of his housemates,his best friend Hermione and his head of house who has been as a mentor for him from the start of his Hogwarts years.
___________________________________________

Currently the Slytherin's were in an empty class room and the boys and girls sat separately as their Head of house Professor Snape stood in between and spoke in a loud clear voice.

"A winter Ball is being organised by the school after many years as it used to be a part of the Tri-Wizard tournament.....The Yule Ball is nothing but a dance,where the boy's shall enter with a partner who would be their escort for the night.........now you all have complete freedom to choose your partner's for the night but I must warn to you all to be on your best behaviours....I do not want any insolence from you all.....you belong to the nobel house of Salazaar Slytherin and I want you all to behave as one.......none of you shall do anything that could bring a shame to this house......and none of you shall indulge in any unexplainable and unacceptable behaviour with your partner's as I myself would be incharge of making sure of it and I swear to Merlin if I caught any of Slytherin's I would make sure that you never forget the aftermath of it for your whole life"Snape said with a sneer and the Slytherin's nodded their heads.

"Harry would you go to the ball with me?"Daphne Greengrass asked Harry as they made their way out of the class after a discussion with Snape.

Harry stopped and was thinking of ways to deny her offer,he didn't really liked the girl she was rude and acted like a bitch all the times according to Hermione,so if he by chance went to the ball with Daphne he knows Hermione will have his head in a platter, moreover she still is a bit miffed because of his participation in the tournament and he doesn't wants to make her more mad.

"I...w..well thank you for the offer but someone's already asked me.....maybe next year...sorry Daphne"Harry said and left without listening to her reply.

He made his way towards the great hall and sat beside Hermione on the Griffindor table.

"What took you so long?"Hermione asked him.

"Well....you heard about the ball?"Harry asked her as she nodded.

"Their were a few girls who asked me out as I was on my way to great hall so it took some time"Harry said filling his plate with food.

Hermione raised her eyebrows and Harry sighed but nonetheless told her the names of the girl's which were Daphne,Milicent,Pany and Rebecca.

Hermione didn't said anything after that and they had their lunch in silence with few talks about the second task and schoolwork.
___________________________________________

Harry made his way to the dungeons and then stopped infront of a portrait door.He knocked on the door thrice and waited for a reply.

"Enter"Said the cold voice of his head of house.

Harry entered the office of the Potions master and stood infront of him.Snaoe looked up from his parchment and saw Harry.

"What is it Potter?"Snape said in a cold voice,which Harry had seen him use with the Griffindor's but never any Slytherin.

"Professor Snape I wanted your permission for something"Harry said in a low voice but enough for Snape to hear it.

"What do you need my permission for when you are capable of taking your own decisions,did you take my permission for participating in this tournament?"Snape hissed,he was still angry at his stupidity for participating in this tournament.

"I know you are disappointed in me Professor,I am really sorry but I cannot explain you the reason for my doings.......I wanted you to grant me permission to be Hermione's escort for the Yule Ball"Harry said the last part a bit frighteningly but still he made sure to look at the professor when he spoke.

Snape raised an eyebrow at him and didn't said anything for a min,but after that he said.

"If she shall accept your request "Snape said.

"Thank you so much Professor Snape....I promise to be on my best behaviour"Harry said and left the office.

Severus knew Harry well since he was 11,he knew he would never hurt Hermione or behave like a jerk with her,he also knew he was the best option as his daughter's escort for the Ball because everyone else were absolute dunderheads and he trusted him with his daughter.
___________________________________________

Harry and Hermione were in the library doing their homework when Harry poked her in the shoulder and she hissed at him.

"Hermione?"He asked and she sighed but looked at him from her homework.

"What is it now Harry?"Hermione spoke.

"Umm...would you like to go to the ball with me?"Harry asked her,he was a bit unsure of how to ask her,she was his best friend and he didn't wanted to make her awkward,but their was no other person he could go with,she was perfect he knew that.

"As a friend"Harry added after a min and Hermione stared at him.

"You are asking me now?"Hermione said.

"Did you say yes to someone?"Harry asked worried and concerned.

"What were you waiting for you could have asked me much earlier?"Hermione said.

"I was waiting to ask for Professor Snape's permission before I asked you"Harry said sheepishly.

"Why would you do that?"Hermione asked.

"I thought he needed to know and it was his right and I just wanted him to grant me permission"Harry said.

"Now do I have to ask someone else?"Harry asked.

"No,I would go with you 'as a friend' "She air quotted his words and laughed at him.
___________________________________________

Harry was waiting at the end of stairs for Hermione dressed in his black fancy robes with white cravet and black polished shoes.He had made a trip to hogmeade as he needed to dress good being a champion.

He stared at the top stair and saw Hermione making her way down in a pink dress which hugged her figure perfectly with her hair styled in a half updo,she looked beautiful.She came down and stood in front of him,he had to blink a few times to be able to say something.

"You look beautiful"Harry said and Hermione's cheeks turned a bit red but she shook her head and smiled at him and complimented him back.

They entered the great hall after the other three champions entered with their partners.The difficult part was that Harry didn't knew how to dance,he never got any chance to learn and surely he never thought of learning it.

"I don't no how to dance"Harry whispered to Hermione as they stood in front of eachother waiting for the music to play.

"Relax just follow my lead and do as I say"Hermione whispered back and as soon as the music played,she took his hand and kept it on her waist and held the other hand and started saying him what to do.

"Now pick me up from the waist and sound me around"Hermione said and Harry immediately picked her up by waist and spun her once and then kept her down.

"Okay,take my right hand and twirl me around"Hermione said and Harry grabbed her right hand and twirled her around.

After a few more mins of dance the other students joined them and then Harry and Hermione withdrew themselves from the stage and stood beside the refreshments.

"Huh....that was brilliant....I didn't knew you could dance so well"Harry said.

"Dad taught me when I was young"Hermione said.
___________________________________________

After sometime rock party music played by a band and all students were dancing with their partners,Harry and Hermione danced as well but this time they danced like utter weirdos,doing god know what steps and were laughing like idiots at eachother.