Second Task-2

Harry jumped into the lake after the gong was hit,he was grateful for the Gillyweed that his feet had turned into fish pads and his neck had gills around it that helped him breathe underwater,he knew it wouldn't las tand he had to hurry up or else he would drown and die in this lake and nobody would care as always.

He swam and saam trying to be fast,he saw all kinds of creature the black lake hid in it,the dishes, octopus,squid, and also the merepeople,whom he knew he shouldn't mess with as it was their territory and he would be a easy target.

He tried to ignore them all and made his way in the centre of the lake and found 4 bodies tied to a plant,he immediately recognised Hermione between them and now he knew what it meant with precious thing,he was meant to save Hermione and he had only an hour or less than that now.

He quickly made his way towards Hermione and blasted the plant that was tied around her leg with his wand,he went and immediately scooped her in his arms and tried to drag her with him to the deck.He was trying to be fast because he knew he had less time know,he had spent a lot of time getting to the centre of the lake and now if he doesn't hurry up he is going to drown.

He was dragging Hermione to the top as fast as possible when the merepeople held his leg and were dragging him down in the water,Harry tried a lot to wriggle his feet out of their hold but was unsuccessful,at the end he had no other option but to cast a blasting spell on them that made them cower away from him,he then moved again but his gills were disappearing and his feet were turning back to normal,he pushed Hermione to the top and started to make his way out too,but was not able to,his gills weren't present anymore and he had swallowed a lot of water,he was slowly drowning into the water,his eyes were shutting down and he was not able to hold on any moment,he immediately casted a spell with the last bit of his strength and his body flew out of the water and landed on the edge with a thud.

Everyone gathered around him worried for him as he came second as Cedric had already arrived before him.Hermione ran towards him and covered him with towels to keep him warm.

"Oh god,I though you won't come out of the water"Hermione breathed as she saw him.

"Me too"Harry gasped.

"You came second Harry,Cedric was just a bit faster then you"Hermione said with a sad sigh.

"Much better position then I thought"Harry said with a smile.

Hermione helped him get up and both started walking towards the boats shivering due to the cold and their bodies were wet which weren't helping.

Severus glided past them and casted a warming spell on both of them and then sarcastically said.

"Too difficult for the class toppers to cast a warming spell I guess"Severus smirked and left and Harry and Hermione giggled like kids at their own foolishness.

"Harry"Hayden called him from behind and when he turned around he saw his parents along with his younger brother or the BWL.

"Can we do this family drama after sometime,I am freezing and in a very bad need of warm clothes and a warm bath"Harry said and turned around and dragged Hermione with him.
___________________________________

"Why are the quidditch practice banned now"Harry sighed for the nth time when it was announced that the quidditch pitch was off limits for sometime as the third task was arranged there.

"Come on worry about the third task rather then that game"Hermione said.

"Well I don't know anything about the third task so let's say it's going to be a surprise for me"Harry said as they walked towards their classes.

"Why don't you ask dad"Hermione suggested him.

"Thinking like a Slytherin are we now?"Harry said amused.

"Yes apparantly I hang out with a certain Slytherin and he might have rubbed it on me"Hermione said with a smirk.

Harry laughed at her and both went to the dungeons to talk to Professor Snape.
________________________

"I do not know what the third task is in detail,but I do know that the champions have to retrieve the Tri-Wizard Cup from the maze that is made on the Quidditch ground,their might be obstacles but I don't know what they are"Severus said and Harry and Hermione nodded their heads at it.

"Don't worry,you shall pass"Severus said and Harry nodded still a lil nervous about the whole third task.

"Their isn't anything life threatening is there?"Hermione asked and Severus just said.

"I do not know,though strict precautions are taken for the champions,this is a deathly tournament and was banned years ago for some reasons"Severus said and Harry and Hermione gulped.