Birthday

Harry was more excited about his birthday than he ever was,which was never by the way.He had always loathed his birthday since his childhood because there wasn't anybody to celebrate it with,he was reminded again on this day that his family didn't really cared about him.But since coming to Hogwarts he looks forward to this day because he does receives birthday wishes and gifts from the people who really love him.

He has always received a card and gift from Hermione,Hagrid and a few fellow Slytherin's,as well as Huffelpuffs and Ravenclaws.Some Griffindor's did liked him but none of them would give him gifts and he was okay with that.

Harry was just getting ready once he woke up,he was in a pleasant mood,he would get to spend the whole day with Hermione and Hagrid for the first time,and he did want it to be a good day.

Once he was ready in a black sweatshirt and dark blue jeans he moved towards the great hall for the breakfast.Before he could have entered the great hall,his best friend for 6 years now jumped on him, taking him in a bear hug.

"Happy birthday Harry"Hermione said as she hugged him tightly and he too wrapped his arms around her.

"Thanks mione"Harry said and both pulled apart.

"A'ppy bday 'Arry"Hagrid said next as he also just arrived towards the great hall.

Harry was almost squished by Hagrid's tight hug,he nearly struggled to pull apart.

"Thanks....Hagrid"Harry said as he took a deep breath once free from the tight hug.

"I bought you a present,come down by the hut in the evening and get it"Hagrid said and Harry nodded with a smile.

The three of them then walked into the great hall together to have breakfast.

"Happy birthday Harry"Mrs.Snape wished him as she gave him a hug,Harry reciprocated to it.

"Thank you so much Mrs.Snape"Harry said with a smile.

"Happy birthday Harry"Lily said with a fond smile on her face,she too wanted to hug her son but knew better than that,also she didn't wanted to spoil his mood when his birthday had just started.

"Thanx"Harry said slowly with a blank face.

James and Hayden also wished him and he just muttered a thank you.

"Happy bday,Hawwy"Hadrian said in his cute voice and Harry had a full blown smile to it.

"Thank you Hads"Harry said.

"I made you a card"Hadrian said and gave him the card he had made for his big brother.

Harry opened the card and saw the contents of it and chuckled at the long and thin figure which most probably was him and a hug fat purple bday cake with 10 candles and a scribble which mostly was a bday wish according to him.

"It's the most prettiest card I have ever received"Harry said and Hadrian beamed at that.

They all soon got into their seats and began having their breakfast.

"I hear it's your birthday Mr.Potter?"Dumbeldore asked with a kind smile and Harry nodded awkwardly.

"Well a very happy birthday to you my boy"Dumbeldore said and Harry muttered an embarrassed thank you.

"Happy birthday Mr.Potter"Minvera said with a small smile.

"Thank you Professor "Harry said.

"I believe you are of age now,Mr.Potter,better think about your future now"Professor Snape said and Harry nodded,though it might have come out a bit sternly but Harry knew Snape wished the best for him.

"I will Professor,thank you"Harry said politely and Snape nodded at that.

"Means you can use magic outside school too now,so cool"Hayden said and Harry rolled his eyes at that.

Lily was terrified though as she heard Harry was of age now,he will leave them now,he had no reason to stay with them anymore,she couldn't stop him now.

She immediately left the great hall suddenly and everyone gave a curious look to James.

"I shall go and check"James said and left after his wife to check on her.

"What happened honey?"James asked as he stood beside his wife who was staring at the Hogwarts ground.

"He's off age now,James!!!he is 17 now,he is legally an adult now"Lily said and James still didn't understood why that would upset his wife so much.

"He had said he would leave Potter Manor once he becomes of age,he will now move out,there is nothing we can do to stop it"Lily said and then realisation crossed him.

"Oh Lily"James said as he hugged his wife.
_______________________

"Can't believe it's our last year"Hermione said and Harry nodded.

"Hogwarts has been the best thing that has ever happened to me"Harry said.

"For me too"Hermione said.

"What are you going to do after you graduate?"Harry asked her curiously.

"I have decided to join the Department of Magical law enforcement,I want to try to bring a change into the current laws"Hermione said and Harry nodded.

"I know you would do well in whatever you do,you are brilliant Hermione "Harry said honestly and Hermione gave him a soft smile.

"What about you??are you going to become a Quidditch player for one of those teams you keep talking about?"Hermione asked.

"Well that would require me to stay alive after the war"Harry said and Hermione was taken aback by his statement,did he not want to live??was he sure he was gonna die???? haven't he ever thought of his future???

"Why would you say that?you are not gonna die!!!!"Hermione said.

"Voldemort is powerful Hermione,I can't fight his powers at the very least,I may have some abilities but that's it,I am no match for that dark wizard and it's okay,you don't have to feel bad for me, that's what you get when you are a Potter I guess,they have the worst luck, always in trouble "Harry said with a hallow chuckle and Hermione had chills when she heard his words.

"Harry, everyone is waiting for you, it's time to cut the cake"Hayden said as he walked towards them.

"What cake??"Harry asked.

"Mum baked a cake for you"Hayden said nervously, thinking his brother won't agree to cut the cake.

"We will be there"Harry said and got up from the grass and gestured Hermione to come along.

Once the cake cutting was done,Harry received presents from everyone, including his father and mother,he was surprised when he received a present from them,they had never even remembered his birthday before,so gift was a far away thought.

Even lil Hadrian had got a gift for his eldest brother and was nagging him to open it.

"Okay fine"Harry said and opened the present which had a toy Hogwarts train in it.

"It moves so fasttt Hawwy,and it also had smoke when it moves"Hadrian said with aww of his gift.

"My,my that's such a wonderful gift Hads,thank you so much"Harry said and Hadrian beamed with happiness.

They all then settled to have dinner and in the middle of the dinner a small barn owl flew into the great hall with a large package and dropped it in front of Harry.

"Might be from one of your admirers "Hermione said teasingly.

"Shut up"Harry said and read the name on the package and it sure was from one of his admirers.

A second year Huffelpuff had sent this to him because he had helped her in her first year with some homework and since then she often asks Harry for his help and Harry also helps her out if he can.

As he opened the package it had muggle novels which seemed quite interesting.

"This is amazing,I can share them with you"Harry said looking at Hermione.

"As if you have any choice "Hermione said and he chuckled.

"Remind me to thank her"Harry said and Hermione nodded.