Second Task

The second task was coming near and Harry has yet not worked upon his clue,he just wanted to chill for sometime and then start working for the second task.Hermione was bugging him to do it fast but he was just delaying it.

Now when it was just a week for the second task he though it might be good if he find out the clue.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour, the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

"Ok so what it says is something dear to me will be taken away from me and I have an hour to retrieve it and if I couldn't I shall never get it back......the thing will be hidden in the black lake.....How do i breathe in water now?"Harry said as he looked at Hermione.

"Well we shall do some research and we will surely find something "Hermione said bringing a few books from the shelf of the library.

"Umm...well I don't have any problem with my breathing I know we will find a solution for it but I am worried about how to swim.....I can't swim you know"Harry said nervously.

"Harry.....why did you never learnt swimming??"Hermione asked shocked.

"Well thanx to my parents they never bothered with me and it never struck me that swimming shall be so useful, everything I have ever learnt is either from books or by the Professors at Hogwarts and swimming is not taught at Hogwarts you see....so I don't know how to do that"Harry sighed.

"We need to do something for your swimming also then"Hermione said and began reading books to get a solution for it.

Harry also sat down beside her and began reading books to get a solution for his problem.

After spending the whole time till dinner both went to the great hall for dinner and decided to retire for the day and begin searching the next day after classes.
___________________________________________

"Ok so you can use a bubble charm to breathe under water and I am sure you can learn how to caste it but what about your swimming?"Hermione asked.

"Umm.... honestly we have searched the whole library and still haven't got any clue.....maybe we should ask for Professor Snape's help"Harry said.

"But that would be cheating "Hermione pointed out.

"No not at all....he my head of house I can ask for his help and besides what do you think? everyone else is doing this on their own?No, Karkaroff is helping Viktor,Maxime is helping Fleur and I think Cedric is taking Professor Sprout's help so I think Professor Snape can surely help me"Harry said.

"But I feel that it is still wrong "Hermione said.

"Oh come on you are a Griffindor you are bound to feel that way but I am a Slytherin I shall work upon self preservation first"Harry said and gave her a smirk.

"Fine than work by your Slytherin ways"Hermione huffed but gave in, Harry's safety was far more important then her ethics and morals.
______________________________

"Harry listen to us we are here to help you for the second task"Lily said as she saw Harry coming out of the library with Hermione.

"Thanx but no thanx I am already set for the second task......now if you would leave me I would go and have a much needed chat with Professor Snape "Harry said not looking at either of his parents standing in front of him.They were staying here at Hogwarts on Dumbeldore's permission and he didn't wanted it at all but couldn't help.

"Harry do not be so thick headed and hear us out for once in your life"James said a bit sternly.

"Ahh it is rich coming from you when you yourself never listened to me in your life"Harry spat venomously.

"Harry please do not let the grudge between us put you in danger we really want to help you"Lily said holding his left arm.

"Do.not.touch.me.again"Harry punctuated each word as he shook his arm off her grasp.

"Harry listen to us it is for your own benefit"James said a bit softly.

"No....sorry for your concern though but I shall pass without your help"Harry said and was about to leave but Hermione help his hand and said.

"No you will not and you know that....they are just trying to help you Harry so please don't make it such a big deal... besides you are ready to take help from my father"Hermione said.

Harry gave her a hurtful look and stormed from there and Hermione realised her mistake and she immediately felt very guilty about it.

"What do you mean?"Lily asked.

"Well thanx to you both ignoring him his whole life that he never got to learn how to swim because apparantly that is not something which can be learned by reading a book"Hermione said in a low dangerous voice and left to follow Harry and apologize to him.
______________________________

"So what does the Tri-Wizard participant want from me?"Severus asked sarcastically as he saw Harry in his office.

"Professor Snape I know you are still mad at me for getting myself in this mess but I needed your help for the second task"Harry mumbled looking at Snape.

"What is it then Potter?"Severus asked.

Harry explained everything he knew about the second task to Snape and waited for his reaction.

"You want me to tell you how to breathe underwater for an hour?"Severus asked as Harry finished explaining.

"No....I want you to help me swim for an hour"Harry said.

"Merlins beard potter how do you not know how to swim? that's the most common think any parent makes his/her child learn"Severus exclaimed.

"I think you just said the answer to your own question..... apparently my parents weren't thinking about me much"Harry said air quoting the word parents.

"Well there is a way you can swim as well as breathe underwater for an hour potter but it might be a bit painful"Severus said as he shuffled a few drawers and got a vial out of one.

"Gillyweed?"Harry questioned.

"Yes Gillyweed....it is going to give you temporary gills and and turn your feet in pads of a fish so you could swim "Severus said.

"Oh thank you so much Professor Snape I am really indebted to you for a lot of things"Harry said not only saying for the Gillyweed.

"You deserved it Harry"Severus said again he also didn't mean for the Gillyweed alone.

"Off you go then"Severus said.
___________________________________________

Harry was not talking to Hermione,he was hurt that she had taken his parents side even when she knew how he felt about it and that too in front of them.He thought she knew why he behaves this way with his parents and would side with him.

He directly went to the Slytherin common room and slept because he needed his energy for the second task which was tomorrow.
_____________________________

Harry was standing of the edge of deck ready to jump in the black lake but he once again turned the nth time that morning in a hope to spot Hermione but was again unsuccessful,she should have been here to cheer him up for the Second task.