Calm before the Storm,

Narrator POV

In a dark room, a small TV is the only light source. Being broadcasted on it was the climatic end of the UA Sports Festival with a certain green haired boy winning after a hard fought fight. From the little luminance the TV gave, a figure sitting in a chair could be made out. With a curious tone, the figure addressed his subordinate.

???: So, the boy won the festival. He seems to have grown since the two of you met. What do you think of him now, Tomura?

Shigaraki: He still angers me, but I agree that he is strong. A quirk like his would be a nice asset to our league. Only question is, how?

???:  Don't stress too much about it Tomura. All in good time.

He said, noticing a girl with short dark purple hair color run after the unconscious winner of the festival, very concerned about the boy seemingly. A smile slowly crossed his face, a devious thought making its way to his head.

??? : Anyway, for now, try and get ahold of that hero killer. He too might be a good ally.

Shigaraki: Yes, Master.

And with that, Shigaraki left the room, leaving his mentor to his thoughts.

______________________________

Deku POV

I slowly opened my eyes to a white ceiling, blinking a few times to clear my vision. I tired getting up, but felt really exhausted in my efforts. After a bit of a struggle, I managed to sit up and saw that I was in the school infirmary. My arm was covered in bandages along with a few bandaids along different areas of my body.

I then heard some soft breathing and saw Katsuki sleeping in the bed to my right in a similar situation as myself.

'Oh yeah, I beat him in the festival and won. I guess I must've passed out afterwards from pushing myself too much. I wonder how everyone else is right now.'

I looked away from him and gazed towards the window opposite me. The sun was still out and it seemed to be around midday.

I carefully removed the blankets covering me and swung my legs over the edge of the bed, ready to get up. As I stood up, I lost for a bit before stabilizing myself with the bed. Making sure I could stand without falling, I walked slowly toward the door, exciting the room.

The place seemed so quiet, it was almost surreal. You would think that at this school for heroes, there'd be a bit more background noise but it there was none. I kept walking into I got outside and sat down on the edge of the path, looking out at the scenery of the area.

While enjoying the peace, I started hearing light taps on the floor. I looked to my left to see Principal Nezu approaching me.

Nezu: Oh, would you look at who's awake. Rest well?

Izuku: Uh... Yeah... How long was I out?

Nezu: Not long, though it is the next day. Seems your injuries weren't light. Recovery Girl must've had a tough time trying to heal the two of you.

Izuku: I guess so. Speaking of which, where is she? She wasn't in the infirmary when I woke up.

Nezu: No worries. She is just in the teacher's room getting some lunch.

Izuku: Hmmm... And my class? Where are they?

Nezu: In a lesson with Aizawa. Don't worry, you haven't missed much.

Izuku: Oh, thanks.

Nezu: No problem. Any other questions?

Izuku: Uh, what happened after the fight?

Nezu: Well, after you and Bakugo were sent to Recovery Girl, the winners were given their medals, even though 1st and 2nd place obviously weren't there. After that, AllMight gave a speech and with it, the festival ended.

Izuku: Haha, it must've been nice.

Nezu: It was quite the entertainment. Anyway, the principal has many important things to do so I best be going. If you don't feel up to it, you don't have to return to class just yet.

Izuku: Thank you, though I think I'll pay a visit at least.

Nezu: Well then, goodbye for now.

Izuku: Yes sir.

And with that, Nezu went off to do his duties. After enjoying the breeze for a bit, I left to go to class, making sure to use the wall to stay myself.

Upon arriving at the door, I could hear the usual noise associated with my class. I then gently knocked on the door with my uninjured arm, waiting for Aizawa's permission to enter.

Aizawa: You may come inside.

After taking in a breath, I grabbed the handle and twisted, opening the door to be greeted by 18 pairs of eyes including Aizawa, all sort of shocked to see who was behind the door.

Izuku: Uh... Hi?

Everyone just looked away after my response, some out of disgust, some out of guilt and others just uncaring.

Aizawa: Oh, you're awake. How are your injuries?

Izuku: Relatively fine... Just exhausted from Recovery Girl's quirk.

Aizawa: And Bakugo?

Izuku: Still asleep...

Aizawa: Ok.

Izuku: Where's Kyo- Jiro?

Aizawa: She's not here today. Strange since she was fine yesterday, especially when trying to see you. It's probably nothing much. Anyway, the rest of you are dismissed. Don't forget to think about which hero you'll be interning with.

And with that they all left.

Aizawa: By the way, congratulations on winning. You've earned it.

Izuku: Thanks. It means a lot coming from you. So what's this internship thing about?

Aizawa: Based on your ranking on the sports Festival as well as the school's recommendations, hero agencies would be taking in you guys for hands on experience in the hero world for a 2 weeks.

Izuku: Sounds nice. So, did I get any offers?

Aizawa: Quite a bit, though not as much as Bakugo. You can guess why.

Izuku: Figures. Why take in an evil looking shadow quirk when u can have a flashy an explosive one instead. Should've expected it.

Aizawa: Anyway, here's your list of heroes. Once you decide, you can have it back to me to get it finalized.

Izuku: Thanks.

Aizawa: Just make sure you listen to the hero you pick, you problem child.

Izuku: Don't worry, I will.

Well... Um... Nice weather we having, hey? Totally didn't forget about this or anything 😳 anyway, take this chap for now. Ik is been 4 months since the last I update, many of yalls probs no longer read this anymore, but for those who do, thanks for sticking around I guess, and sorry for such long breaks between updates. Just feels like I always hafta do things and never have time to think to do this.
Anyhow, enjoy