// 2

- so she's a piano girl?

Lee Heeseung POV

"Just some warning." Hyunjin says, and I nod. We were in front of the Hwang's huge ass house, and he was fidgeting with the doorknob. "Eunji has social anxiety. She's most likely gonna run away from you and cry, alright?"

I nod. "Okay."

I was pretty eager to meet Hyunjin's sister. Hyunjin is hot, and Eunji is a dead look alike to him. We're in the majority of our classes together, it's just... due to her social anxiety, we've never talked. I've always admired her.

He opens the door, and I step inside the mansion for the first time.

The first thing I hear is a keyboard coming from upstairs.

"Oi, Eunji-ah! Where are you?" He yells into the foyer. I hear a girl groan.

"God, Hyunjin. I'm kinda busy!" She shouts back, and goes back to playing a piece.

I turn to the boy. "You didn't tell me she plays piano!"

He scrunches his nose. "This isn't a tinder date, hyung."

"Sorry." I smirk. "What if I do date her?"

"Fat chance, Heeseung." He says, and makes his way up the stairs.

I contemplate it. "Hey, I'll hook you up with Lee Felix. How does that sound?"

He immediately turns around, his face tinted pink. I smirk again, knowing I've hit a deal with him.

"Ugh, you fucking suck." Hyunjin complains, and continues walking up the huge spiral staircase towards Eunji's room.

"I'm older than you! Treat me with respect!" I exclaim, following him.

He ignores me, and comes across a room. The piano music is louder this time, and I twiddle my thumbs with nervousness.

Hyunjin knocks on the door. "C'mon, Eunji!"

"Fine, I'm coming." The girl complains, and the music stops. I hear soft footsteps padding to the door, and it opens. "What do you wan-"

She looks up and makes direct eye contact with me, before closing the door again.

"No thank you, Ms. Girl." Hyunjin says, stopping the door with his foot. "Meet Lee Heeseung, the guy I was gonna introduce you to."

I see Eunji's shoulder trembling. "N-no thanks."

I side eye Hyunjin, who looks partly pissed. "C'mon! It's not that bad, it's just one person."

I take the doorknob, not wanting to bother Eunji anymore. "I got it, Hyunjin. You can go now." I replace his foot with mine, and look at the boy hard. Hyunjin shrugs and leaves.

Once he's gone, I peek through the door. Eunji's not there- rather hiding in the corner of her closet.

"Hi, Eunji."

"Leave me alone." She whimpers. I smile softly and close the door quietly, before sitting a few feet away from her.

"My name is Heeseung." I say slowly. I feel stupid, almost like I'm talking to a 5 year old.

Fuck you, Heeseung, she's 16 like you!

When Eunji doesn't respond, I try again. "I heard you play the piano. You sounded beautiful. I'd love to hear you play some more."

She's shivering. I want so bad just to go over to her and hug her.

She'd most likely slap me.

"I play the piano too." I pipe. She looks up slightly, and I get to see her eyes for the first time.

Beautiful eagle eyes that match Hyunjin's perfectly. Her eyebrows furrow when she sees me staring. "Please stop looking at me like that." She murmurs, and I nod and bow in apology.

"I'm sorry. Uh, can I play the piano for you?" I ask, standing up slowly.

She nods, shifting her knees.

"Okay. I- I haven't played in a while, so I might be bad." I say sheepishly, and sit at the keyboard.

I begin playing Debussy's Arabesque No. 1. I slowly lose myself in the music, feeling my fingers move across the keys.

As I finish off with my final chord, I blink back into reality. Eunji's standing next to me.

"That was beautiful." She whispers, staring at my hands.

"Could you play something for me?" I ask her, and she nods slowly. We trade spots, and she takes a shaky breath.

She rests her right hand on B, and begins to play Chopin's Prelude in E Minor.

I gasp as she begins to play. "This is one of my favorites." I whisper, and I see a tug at her lips.

"It's one of mine too." She responds, her honey-like voice filling my ears, making itself home right next to her beautiful playing.

I close my eyes and listen to her play.

It's a wondrous sound. Her fingers fit the keys so easily.

When she finishes, I open my eyes and she turns to look at me.

"It's kind of a shame I don't have a proper grand piano." She says, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I can get you one." I joke, and she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up."

I smile wider, deciding to push a little further. "I'm serious! I'll buy you one."

"Don't fuck with me, Heeseung." The girl says, crossing her legs on her small bench. I laugh and she smiles.

I decide to sit on the floor and lean against her bed frame. With my foot, I pat the floor in front of me. "Tell me about yourself, Hwang Eunji."

I can tell she tenses up, but she joins me anyway, clearly fighting her anxiety.

"Uh, I'm three minutes older than Hyunjin. Is that important?" She starts off, and I grin.

"Yeah, it is. I should tell him that he needs to call you noona."

She laughs. "Um, I've been playing the piano since I was five."

I nod my head, feeling very impressed. "Damn, eleven years! You're good!"

"You?" She asks, cocking her head to the side. "How long have you played?"

"Six. Ten years." I say with a smile.

The door to her room swings open. "How's it going in here?" Hyunjin asks, shoving his way in. Eunji's brows furrow, and I groan.

"Leave us alone, Jin." I scowl, and Hyunjin frowns.

"Jeez, sorry, hyung. I just wanted to see how you were doing." He mumbles, clearly offended. He walks back to the door and smiles one last time before leaving.

"Is he hurt?" I ask his twin. She shakes her head.

"I wouldn't worry about it." Eunji responds.

Her voice is quiet. Small.

But she's opened up to me.

"Eunji." I say, leaning closer to her and I gently take her right hand. She shivers at my sudden touch.

"What?" She asks, not looking at me in the eye.

"I'm going to make it my mission to help you get rid of your social anxiety, okay? Because I want people to see how much of a fun person you are."

        ____________