// 3

- hands

Hwang Eunji POV

Heeseung left with a smile and a wave.

"Bye, Eunji! It was nice meeting you." He says, and walks off.

Once I close the door, Hyunjin attacks me from behind. "I have NEVER seen you warm up to someone that quickly." He then gasps, like the drama llama he is. "You must have a crush on him, then! That's right- there's no way otherwise. You have to have a crush on Heeseung."

I swat his hands away. "Ew, don't get weird thoughts." I roll my eyes and start my way upstairs.

"Whatever, Ji. However, when you two start dating, I better be the first person you tell!" He yells after me. I turn around and grin slyly.

"Nah, it'll probably be JeongMi." I respond, and head to my room.

"Whyyy?" He complains, but I shut him out.

I sit down in front of my piano. So many thoughts swirl my head.

"You sounded beautiful."

"I'm serious! I'll buy you one!"

"I'm going to make it my mission to help you get rid of your social anxiety, okay?"

I shiver at the last thought.

Could he really help me?

I shake my head. I knew I was going to ignore this boy afterwards. He would only trail after me like a dog, though.

So why did I even warm up to him?

Simple. Piano and Hands.

I love hands. I've always loved holding them, tracing knuckles, caressing fingertips, etc.

Not fingering.

And the way he played piano. He played it so beautifully, it had me in another world.

I rest my fingers on the keys and begin to play the piece he played. I know it'll sound nowhere like how he played it, but I just want to try.

Timeskip - Two Hours

  Hwang Eunji POV

I lay on my bed, staring at my phone.

"Eunji, lets go." Hyunjin complains, rolling over and over on my bed. "I'm hungry!"

"Yeah, that's a you problem." I say, kicking his shin. He yelps in pain, falling off of my bed in the process.

"Pleasee?" He pleads, slowly getting up.

"Go eat with Felix or something." I say, looking at him through the corners of my eyes. "I'm kind of busy right now."

He sticks out his tongue and leaves my room. As soon as he leaves, another person enters.

Moon Miyeong.

"Heyy, girl! I heard you had a great time with Heeseung." She says, plopping down next to me. She pulls out her own phone and blush, and starts applying makeup right there.

I frown. "Don't do that on my bed, please."

"Relax, girl! It's not like I'm gonna spill it. You can trust me." She says, looking at me quickly with a grin before going back to her phone. "So anyways, how was Heeseung? He's in my biology class. We used to be lab partners."

I scrunch my nose. "So you cut open frogs together? How romantic."

"Essentially, yes." She closes her blush and pulls out lipstick. "Isn't he fun? And hot?"

"Mi, you have a boyfriend."

"Uh, we're in an open relationship. He knows."

I smile. How am I friends with this girl? "I guess he's hot."

"Ooh, you have a crush on him?" Miyeong asks, slowly applying the stick across her lips. "Because I feel like you and him would be a great fit for each other!"

I feel my face flush red. "Stop, Miyeong."

She snaps her balm closed and shoves it into her bag. "What'd you think of his hands? They're big, right?"

"Ew."

"I mean-" Miyeong groans. "They're good to hold!"

"Why, have you held them?" I ask.

"No."

I stretch out the words; "Okay, how do you know then?"

"Because. Jeongin's held his hand before."

I can't help but laugh. "Okay. Well, his hands were cool." I bend my head down. "I'd love to hold them." I mutter to myself.

"What was that?" Miyeong asks, applying eyeliner now while side eyeing me.

"Nothing." I lie, and she shrugs.

"Hyunjin told me you two bonded. Why? You've never talked to someone that quickly." She asks, and I flush under the sudden comment. She sees me falter. "I wasn't insulting you! I'm proud of you!"

I smile at the girl. "He plays the piano beautifully."

"He does? I didn't know he plays the piano."

I sigh dreamily and remember how he played. "It was one of the best things I'd ever heard in my life, Miyeong."

"So you're falling for his piano playing and hands, not him?" Mi asks.

My face flushes, heating up. "N-no!" I exclaim. "I don't like him, ugh!" I grab a pillow and set it in my lap, forcing my chin into it.

Miyeong laughs. "Bet he's gonna be obsessed with you."

I swat her arm softly, making sure not to mess up her eyeliner. "Miyeong! Stop it!"

"Have you seen him? He's totally a puppy when it comes to girls."

"Ew." I say again.

Miyeong puts his hands up. "I'm just saying! He gets all lovey dovey when he meets girls. And then he makes up stupid excuses just to get on your good side, so you can date. What'd he say to you?"

I scrunch my nose. "Mi, did he do this to you?"

She whistles. "Nah, he did it to Jeongin. I was there, though."

"I- I'm so confused right now."

She turns the conversation back to her grasp. "What did he say to you?"

I hug my knees to my chest as best I can with a pillow in between. "He told me he would buy me an actual piano."

"And?"

"I told him to stop it because he wouldn't."

Miyeong smiles. She puts her eyeliner back into the bag and faces me. "Eunji, I think I've figured out your speech. 'Ew' and 'Stop it.'"

I stick out my tongue at her. "Fuck off."

"Oh, that's another one! 'Fuck off!'"

I can't help but laugh, and again, it sinks in why I'm friends with this girl.

        ____________