// 25

- piano recital, finally 

Hwang Eunji POV

It's a day before my piano recital.

After that kiss, it just made me fall for him even more.

But I don't know how he feels about me.

What if he likes me... without really knowing me? I'm still a complete fucking stranger to him.

That blows. Going on fun dates, spending time together, when I met him through my brother and me met me through the hospital.

Damn.

"Are you feeling okay, Eunji?" Mrs. Kwon asks, patting my shoulder.

"Honestly?" I look at her with a cheeky smile. "I'm not feeling 100%."

She looks at me with a considerate look. "I understand. I feel horrible that Heeseung... well, you must've heard this multiple times. Soonyoung-ah has told me what happened." She looks back to my hands, placed on the keys. "I suggest you still invite Heeseung to our recital. It'll be an honor for him to hear you play."

I nod slowly. "Hm, you're right.."

"Has my son been keeping you safe?" She asks. She looks up at the spiral staircase. "I suppose this has been the first time it's been this quiet here."

I laugh. "Yeah. Soonyoung-oppa has been making me feel really safe."

"All of the boys, correct?" Mrs. Kwon asks with a smile. I return the smile and nod.

After Hoshi's mother leaves, SEVENTEEN runs down the stairs.

"I can't believe your recital is finally here!" Jeonghan yells, and I grin.

"It's exciting, isn't it?" I ask, crossing my legs on the grand piano.

"Fuck yeah!" Joshua hollers, only to be stopped by Seungcheol, who shakes his head.

I smile. "Guys, shut up. Don't make me more nervous."

"Hee's coming, right?" Vernon asks gently. I nod, but it's flat.

Jun's eyes widen. "Well, hey, maybe he'll remember you from your recital!" 

I sigh. "I doubt it. He remembered one thing yesterday. And it wasn't even the whole memory. So it's probably really low."

Woozi's lips pucker. "Don't lose hope, Jinnie."

I do a double take. "Jinnie?"

His face flushes slightly. "U-uh, I'm gonna go eat some snacks." He walks away quickly to the pantry and I laugh.

"He's such a bear." Hoshi says.

Minghao scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Of course you would say that."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

I can't help but giggle. "You all are coming, correct?"

Seungkwan's jaw drops. "I am genuinely offended you would even think that. Of course we're coming, dumbass!"

Wonwoo hits Seungkwan's back. "Don't call Jin a dumbass."

"Yeah, only I can call her that!" Hyunjin calls from upstairs. I roll my eyes.

"Dumbass!" I call him and he runs off.

"Where is the recital?" Mingyu asks.

Hoshi answers for me- "At some big performance venue. She hosts it there every recital."

I smile. "How do you know that?"

"Because I come to everyone." He replies chilly. My face flushes with pride. He then smiles. "You always sound great."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and ditch them for the kitchen.

"You nervous?" Hyunjin teases from the island table, making me jump.

I stick my tongue out at him. "You fucking scared me!"

"That's what I do best." He says proudly, going back to his phone. "You mind if I invite Heeseung-hyung over?"

My hand is halfway in the fridge. I eye him. "I guess."

Hyunjin snorts. "What do you mean, 'I guess?'"

"That's just what I mean." I clarify, and finish fishing through the fridge, pulling out a yogurt. I quickly grab a spoon and escape to my room.

Timeskip - Two Hours
  Hwang Eunji POV

I've been sitting on my floor for two hours, staring at Youtube.

There's a knock on my door, per usual. I sigh. "Come in." I say flatly, placing my phone in my lap.

Heeseung looks around with a perplexed look, before fixing his eyes on me. He smiles when he finds me.

"Hi, Eunji-ah!" He says, and flounces over to me.

I can't help but smile at his profound energy. "Hi, Heeseung. How are you today?"

"Pretty good." A cocky smile appears on his face. "But even more good now that I'm here with you."

I groan. "Stop it with that shitty pick up line."

Heeseung laughs. "You know you love it." He then faces me, scooting his best on my carpet. "You want to try more memory triggering exercises? Jaemin gave me more tips."

"Sure." I say, and lean forward. He takes my hands gently. I purse my lips slightly. "What do you want me to do?"

"Do something that you would do to me often." He prompts. I nod, and think.

I ruffle his hair.

He shivers.

I cock my head to the side. "What's up? I'm assuming that's a good thing?"

"It's small." He says quietly. After a minute of not responding, I squeeze his hands, urging him to keep going. Heeseung looks up at me. "Didn't you do that? Before I left to the park?"

Grinning, I nod.

"You're doing great, Heeseung." I murmur, and he hangs his head down.

"I hate myself for forgetting." He breathes, and I exhale sharply.

"It's not your fault, Hee. You don't choose who you forget and who you don't." I point out, hoping it proves a point.

He only shrugs. "I get that. It's just..." He looks up with a pained look. "Why did it have to be you? Out of everyone?"

I inhale shakily.

"I don't know." I stutter.

We sit in an uncomfortable yet comfortable silence.

"Can I show you something?" I finally ask, looking up at him. He glances at me, then nods. I slide my left hand to grab my phone and go to photos.

I find the photo Heeseung took of me the day we first kissed.

He smiles. "Is that you?" He points to the messy head on his chest. I roll my eyes sheepishly and nod.

"Yeah." I say. I side eye him to see him gazing at us in awe.

"You look so happy." He mumbles, mostly to himself. It's pained.

I put my phone down and wrap my arms around his waist. "You will remember, Heeseung. We'll move slowly."

Heeseung snakes his hands around my waist as well, embracing the hug. "Thank you, Eunnie."

I smile, tears pricking the corners of my eyes.

Eunnie.

        ____________

author's note
happy pride!! lmao it's 11:39
but it's 220601!! happy pride yallll