02 | pink

I think I could tend to have introverted tendencies, not all the time but my nerves tend to rise up when I am too aware of spectating eyes

I think I could tend to have introverted tendencies, not all the time but my nerves tend to rise up when I am too aware of spectating eyes. I tend to overthink as well, even though the sight of no one lands on me, my brain tends to trick me into thinking that the entire room wanted to consume me, and swallow me whole. Though I have these feelings, they disappear very quickly once I've consumed alcohol.

The day had passed and I had just exited Kylan's car with Camilla as we stood in front of Nina's house. Bodies pooled outside and inside the surroundings of Nina's large house. Camilla had thought it was a good idea to pre game before we left, I'm not exactly a lightweight but I'm quite sure whatever she had given me was strong because I had already felt like I was walking on air simply just from one shot of tequila.

My eyes travelled over to Camilla , whom seem to be digging in her purse for something as I realized Kylan had his arm snaked around her waist. Those two definitely looked good together, throughout the time I've known them as a couple, they're dynamic had always gotten better each year. Might I add, Camilla is a very gorgeous girl, i was never not in awe of her beauty.

Her dyed blonde curls were tied up messy in a slick back bun, small hints of coils dropping down the side of her face which complimented her brown skin. She wore a pink long sleeved dress that hugged into her body, exposing her evident curves on her body. I had always called Camilla compressed because she was short and curvy, but being a compressed person always worked in her favour.

Even before she had met Kylan, back in high school the boys would practically become hungry dogs and Camilla was the bone. High school definitely wasn't my peak, and I was the taller awkward best friend that guys would use to get through to Camilla. When Camilla had officially started dating Kylan, it had been the disappointment of the century to the guys and I had never heard of them again.

Even moving into university, those situations and found themselves coming forth but once it had been stated that Camilla was in a committed relationship , not much men with that motive had came around. It was better for me in that case though, I was finally able to be given new opportunities with dating but I haven't been too lucky.

Parties were a great opportunity to meet other singles , so the buzzing feeling of intoxication helped with my nerves as we started to make our way into the blazing house. I was a bit more confident in myself than usual tonight, my fresh twist out laid nicely, and for once my 3c hair was able to agree with me and of course I had to wear my gold hoops. I wore a grey skims dress, that topped off with a jeans jacket that hadn't seen the day of light in a while.

We had immediately darted towards the kitchen because that's were Nina had told us to meet her. Despite how large the house was, it was packed and the wave of bodies surrounded my every step. If I didn't have any alcohol in my system I would definitely not be able to get through this without having a mini anxiety attack.

When we had finally reached the large kitchen, we were immediately greeted with Nina whom had practically came skipping towards us. "Look at my bitches, y'all look good!" She exclaimed while engulfing Camilla and I with a hug. Kylan scoffed, "What about me?!" Nina scoffed as she hit Kylan's shoulder playfully, "Oh shut it Kye, your girlfriend is the only reason you're even tolerable in the first place."

Camilla only rolled her eyes and laughed, "I swear to God my boyfriend always has beef with all my friends."

"They're just jealous because I get to have Camilla all to myself." Kylan says while placing his arm around Camilla's shoulder. "Please remind yourself that we were here first Kylan." I say as I pulled his arm around from Camilla.

"Ladies, ladies.. there's enough Camilla to go around, so stop fighting." She laughed . "Whatever, Im ready to turn up and get drunk so if you need me I'm going to be at the liquor table." I say as my eyes darted towards the counter top that was filled with different variations of liquor that I was ready to basically chug down.

"Before you do that , just keep in mind this is a Valentine's Day party, I did a cup system idea that I had found on Pinterest. Just look at the sign above each cup and pick accordingly to whatever relates to you." Nina states before I made my way to the liquor that was practically calling my name.

I located the cup area that was a bit to the right next to the liquor. Three different colors of cups were stacked amongst each other , there was red, pink and white cups. Above the red cups, a sign read 'taken' , and above the pink cups, the sign read 'single' and above white there was 'complicated'.

I internally praise Nina for this idea because scouting for other singles would become easier for me. I went over to pick up a pink cup , taking some rum I poured just a bit into my cup before brining it to my face and taking a sip.

It tasted absolutely disgusting, I love it.

I'm not exactly sure how much time had passed but , I was definitely a little bit passed tipsy at this point. I couldn't find Camilla and Kylan anywhere but I would've expected that from those two. They always went missing at parties, but tonight I didn't mind it too much because I spent my fair share of mingling.

It would be quite surprising how extroverted I become once I have alcohol flowing through my system, but alas here we are. I spent most of my time chatting with other pink cup people, some conversations were better than others but some felt a bit more dull.

I had planned on not getting too wasted, so my next route was to get some water to drink but my tracks were stopped when my body had collided with another. Because of my tipsy state, my body had stumbled a bit. A firm grip was placed on my arm that had kept me from falling.

"Fuck." A deep voice spoke, the deep vibrato hitting my ears causing my face to heat up. My eyes were greeted with a muscular arm, and my nose was greeted with a masculine scent. My eyes soon travelled up to the face of the man whom had bumped into me. His thick brows furrowed together tied in with his clenched jaw and his face that had confusion written on it.

Fuck, he was handsome.

This reminded me of those scenes in the coming of age shows, the first meeting. The accidental mishap which causes the main character and their love interest to cross paths. Like, a love at first sight type of thing, this was my love at first sight. Well, if I had to be honest with myself I didn't believe in the love at first sight ordeal because it's all based on physical perception. But, in this case I was most definitely in love with his face.

"Are you going to say anything?" The stranger spoke, and my thought bubble was immediately popped. Think fast Zhavia, don't look stupid in front of the hot stranger, "Oh, sorry I wasn't looking where I was going, I apologize." I laughed awkwardly, trying to hide the fact that I'm embarrassed from staring in his face for so long.

Hopefully, I'm praying this is part of the story where the handsome stranger tells me it's okay, and then he asks me if I'm here alone and we start conversation.

"Just watch where you're going next time yeah?" my dreams immediately crushed as I heard the annoyance in his voice, and before I was able to reply with another apology he was walking away from me.

Immediately, I sobered up.