24 | the other woman

I clicked through the catalogue of books on the library computer

I clicked through the catalogue of books on the library computer. It was another day and I was at work. I let hummed softly to my self to this Summer Walker song that had been stuck in my head for while. I was in better spirits than I usually am when I came in to work, maybe it was because of yesterday morning.

After me and Jadean shared that whole kiss we smiled at each other like giddy children. We talked some more, not only about his situation but just about anything we could think of. From old stories of our childhood, to things we liked and disliked. It was a nice conversation and things were good. Nothing really happened after that, I was only there for two hours before Camilla called me to go out for grocery shopping and I had left.

I did want to bring up what Kiyana told me though, I think it's something we should at least address between us and quite honestly now that I'm thinking about it I don't really think much of what she's saying is adding up fully. It didn't seem like the most appropriate time, I guess I'll just leave it for a later conversation.

My head went back to what Camilla had told me about having feelings for Jadean. I mean, as much as I'm a person who falls easily I think it'd be stupid for me to get romantically involved with him. Things are genuinely too complicated and I never know what he's thinking or what he wants.

The kiss we shared was different from any kisses we had and it's left me more confused than ever. But it was such a nice kiss from him. I wondered what that kiss meant to him or where his head was at when he did that. "Hey girl." Kiyana walks behind the desk where I sat, "What got you smiling?" My head snapped towards Kiyana as she sat next to the vacant computer at the front desk.

I honestly forgot Kiyana was the biggest factor to this complication. I shook my head, "Nothing, I guess I'm just daydreaming to keep myself busy. It's not as a fast as a day so I'm using this opportunity to sort through your book catalogues and things of the sort."

Kiyana looked as if she was trying to study me, "I swear you're always daydreaming." I chuckle and put my attention back onto the computer, "That's definitely an overstatement because for some reason there's always things to do so I feel like I barely get the time to daydream like that.

Kiyana pulled a lipgloss out her purse as she applied it to her lips, "Well, since we're here I wanted to ask you how you felt about Nina's game night a couple days ago?" I glanced at her quickly, "It was fine, I didn't drink as much and I didn't wake up with a hangover so I guess that's the good thing that came out of it. I had fun with y'all though, I'm surprised you ended up taking a shot of vinegar as a dare."

Kiyana laughed, "Girl, that shit still haunts my tastebuds to this day it was so fucking disgusting. Honestly I'm more surprised at the fact that Camilla admitted she had sex in a playground."

"You're forgetting the most important part how Turell said he gotten head outside his hometown church after bible studies." I snorted and Kiyana only laughed louder but had to contain herself considering we were in the library. "Okay but Zhavia on a real note when are you going to pursue things with Turell?" She asks.