28 | soak it up

The smell of sunscreen surprisingly mixed well with the Champagne Toast body mist I was wearing

The smell of sunscreen surprisingly mixed well with the Champagne Toast body mist I was wearing. I know, I'm going to the beach but you can never do wrong with that scent in my eyes. After my night with Jadean I'd been in good spirits ever since I had woken up. Within getting ready, having breakfast with everyone and even driving in the car to head to the main beach all I could think of was flash backs.

I felt as if I was a giggling teenager sometimes , Jadean sending me winks across the room every time we made eye contact, or getting flustered when he placed his hand behind my back to pass by me. Luckily enough, nobody had clocked it since I didn't make much reaction but alarms were blaring in my head.

Nonetheless, I kept it together. We already made set up at the beach which consisted of a couple of beach chairs, the grill of course and we luckily found one of those table benches sitting on the perfect area so set up around that. We placed our water bottles and snacks and things for food there as well. Of course liquor additionally.

We started off the beach day with a shot of Casamigos and we played music from the speaker in our area. "It's actually really nice outside today." Camilla says sitting in the vacant beach chair beside me. "Yeah, even though we tried to come in the earlier times it's still like getting busy." I reply my, through my sunglasses my vision was towards the water where Nina, Turell and Jadean were splashing in.

Kylan was going back to the car to get the volleyball equipment.

"You're not gonna join the others in the water?" She asks curiously. "I could ask you the same thing," I say looking over or her, "But yeah I am, I'm just like soaking up the sun a little first."

"You're black, what do you mean soaking up the sun?" Camilla laughs and I laugh with her, "Girl I don't know okay, I've always seen people do this and I'm only gonna be like here until Kylan gets back and we can all get into the water." I say.

"Alright, that's fine," she shrugs, "Also, last night like around midnight ish me and Kylan were up doing bible study or whatever and we heard someone go downstairs was that you?"

"Bible study? Really?" I pulled down my glasses to give emphasis on my look about her terrible joke. "Don't question me, I'm asking you a question." Camilla rolls her eyes.

"What made you ask me this?" I question. She shrugged, "Just going with a hunch, plus you have really heavy feet so." I slap her arm playfully and laughed at my playful act of violence. "Well, I did go downstairs last night yeah."

"Why?" She asked. I turn my vision back the water, "Needed to clear my mind I guess, I couldn't sleep so I had went outside to get some fresh air." It had seemed Kiyana wanted to ask me another question but our conversation was interrupted by Turell walking up to both of us with volleyball gear in hand.

"This is for our little tournament later." He says placing the stuff down. "Thanks baby, come give me a kiss." Camilla smiles reaching her arms out to Kyaln and he bent himself down to place a small kiss on Camilla's lips. I cringe at the sight and pointed my finger down my throat and made fake gagging noises, "Oh my God you guys are gonna make me throw up."