06 | ignorant

Sometimes being delusional is the best thing you could do for yourself

I truly believe the whole ignorant in bliss trope, you know in the movie 'The Matrix' where you choose between the red pill and the blue pill? The blue pill being where you may unlock all the secrets of everything, even learn some unsettling truths and the red pill being where you can remain ignorant about the contents of the blue pill.

If I had to be honest, I would probably take the red pill. I mean, I believe the truth is not something I always wanna hear with the potential that it would hurt me or make things super life changing for me. I think being ignorant in bliss allows me to continue living my life normally without the worries of lingering things that would potentially bother me, but won't because I literally don't know about them.

I think there's a lot of things in my life I was better off not knowing, like how chicken nuggets are made at fast food restaurants. I've heard rumour about nuggets actually being made out of horse ankle, and if that were true, I truly wouldn't be surprised. Despite that mere rumour or maybe fact, I choose to still eat it because I truly will never know.

My delusions take me a long way, I tend to romanticize everything that happens in my life to keep me level headed and happy. Throughout the rest of the weekend , I couldn't stop thinking about Jadean and the way he had called my name cute. My hands clutched around my squish mellow as I bury my face into it , restraining the smile that wanted to appear on my face.

I'm not sure why I was so happy, he hadn't done or said too much. I wonder if because he thought my name was cute, he had thought I was cute as well. My next goal in seeing Kiyana was to ask her about Jadean, she had mentioned the fact of putting me on one of her friends and this was an opportunity that I had to take.

These thoughts had resonated with me throughout my Monday morning lecture, the three hour class passed by swiftly considering how I spent majority of it spacing out. Mentally cursing myself for allowing myself to space out like that, I had made a mental note to revisit the slides and take notes later on in the night.

As my professor lay his closing remarks, I closed my MacBook that showed the open blank screen. Sighing to myself and pushing my laptop in my tote bag, I begun to excuse myself out the lecture hall. I was always one to satay focused during classes, I felt a bit silly for letting my mind go far off for something so simple. Jadean hadn't even done much, nor we haven't had a full proper conversation yet.

While I walk through the large halls of my university, a small ping and vibration came from my phone, causing me to take it out the pocket of my jeans. Looking at my phone screen, I had seen a message coming from Camilla.

My Worst Half❤️🤘🏾:
Meet me in the main study hall, Kiyana is here as well! x

Sighing at the message I responded with a simple "okay", then stuffing my phone back in my pocket. I only had one lecture today and wanted to spend the rest of my day in my bed , and re watching the twilight movies like the basic bitch I am but things didn't always seem to go my way. Plugging my headphones in my ears, I made my way to the study hall. It wasn't too far from where I was at, considering the main was in the building beside me.

While Jorja smith blasted through my ears, my eyes tend to wander around my surroundings. Taking in the other students and the complex designs of the university. As my eyes wander, it had seem to stick on a familiar silhouette that had started to make my heart race. It was Jadean in all his manly glory. He was facing towards the direction of where I was walking, sitting on one of the red couches that were randomly placed around the campus. He had seemed to be typing away on his laptop, but as almost as it was instinct he looked up from whatever he was doing as I was getting closer to pass by and we locked eyes.

Almost immediately he gave me a small smile and wave which cause my heart to drop to my ass. He looked so damn good, his black top fitting his body perfectly which made it look like his biceps were ready to rip it open and black cargos to match. Dare I say he had a gold chain on as well? I stopped in my tracks as my eyes drank up his appearance. It sucked he had to see me in my basic sweater and tights, and a bun i lazily put my hair in which was hanging on a thread by my overused eco styler gel.

"Hey," pulling my headphones out my ears, my mouth finally uttered some words as I approached him "Jadean right?"

Jadean nodded, "Zhavia, the girl with the pretty name to match the pretty face." His word's immediately causing my face to feel flushed, i felt like a middle school child who had talked to her crush for the first time. Even despite my beating heart and nerves , I had to play it cool and I didn't want him to think I was weird or anything.

"You seem to be quite the flatterer," I say, returning his smile, "I bet you say that to all to girls."

Jadean shrugged, "Not really, and plus I'm just being honest anyways." His response made me shake my head, "Sure, but what're you even doing here anyways?"

"Well, I just actually finished up something for my class and I just handed a paper in," he says, "And what're you even doing here anyways?"

"Oh, I just finished a lecture and I'm actually heading to the main study hall now to meet with my friends." My head went back to the others waiting for me, they probably would've been wondering why I took so long by now, but they'd could probably understand when I explain to her what happened.

"Before you go meet your friends then, would it be okay for me to take your number?" His question making my already fast beating heart to sky rocket. It wasn't regular that guys who look like Jadean would ask for my number, and I was immediately mentally thanking God for this opportunity. I reply with a "sure" , and it almost looked like he was relieved at my response and we ended up exchanging numbers.

Even with the short interactions with him so far, he did seem like a sweet guy and so I was excited to see how things would go with him. Maybe this could be my final break through, and actually have some luck within the dating world and have a really hot boyfriend at that.

After saying our "see you laters" I made my way to the main study hall, practically skipping. I couldn't wait to tell Camilla and Kiyana about this. Hopefully Kiyana could be my wing woman since her and Jadean are friends though.

 Hopefully Kiyana could be my wing woman since her and Jadean are friends though